Mix & Match parts reference guide

Josh Gentry

PCS Member
I know there are many odd and end items that coach builders used that originaly came from other cars. For example, erlyer Ed posted about the center light on Brendan's 63 Superior hightop, might possobly be the tail light from a 61 Mercury Comet. If you know of any part that a coach builder used on a coach that originaly came from another car, please post it here in this thread, along with the part number if you have it. This can be a very helpful thing when restoring a Pro-Car, or even just trying to find a replacement for a broken piece. I'm sure there are a lot that we haven't figured out yet, but they can be added to the listas we figure them out.

Josh

we are still working on the corner glass, I have found them made by Hurcilite and LOF. so we are figuring that they were not made for superior but rather they used something all ready on the market. been eyeballing the early 50s chy and gm line that had the 3 piece back glass. if would be nice to be able to find what they were off from. not that the corner off a 51 imperial is any easier to locate than a 63 superior. but at least that would give you a few different sources.

Ed and I know what the back door glass is from that is used on the Pinner, but that is a closely guarded secret between Ed and myself. Don't want to let that information get out because of the vast number of Pinner Chrysler's that are out there needing this piece of glass.... :blahblah:

It is true that some years of Pontiac Pro Cars used the Corvair taillamps, however, the only ones that I have ever seen used the 1966 lenses. The housings are the same 1965 / 1966-'69, but the lenses changed for 1966 and stayed the same till the end of production in 1969.

Back