how quick we forget

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I'm up to putting the flooring in the drivers compartment of the 69MM. we are changing from the rubber rug one can't get anymore to carpet. black of course. but just how did it go in. those of you that have a MM think!! is it one piece of two? does it go all the way to the divider or does it quit just under the seat? how about the back wall. how did they fasten it down? did it have any carpet on it? we have enough stuff to do about anything we want but lets get it as close as we can. I know what I took out and we are changing that. so as luck would have it I have a 68 MM here that has carpet in it. easy enough to go look. but surprising what was MM. now who cares comes to mind and what difference does it make. but if you keep putting things back as they were or as close as you can. you won't hear lovely car, but something is off. me now I would never have put the angle iron over the top of the carpet.

Attachments

• IMG_8574.jpg
    IMG_8574.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_8573.jpg
    IMG_8573.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_8572.jpg
    IMG_8572.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_8571.JPG
    IMG_8571.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_8570.JPG
    IMG_8570.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 170
if YOU dont know?

who do we ask? the way i understand it a lot were done diffrent so what diffrence would it make? how could someone know if the original owner had it done this way? possibly out of carpet at superior when conversion was made? who knows? i certainly don't and if i was to broach such a question i would ask you first. if everyone was done alike then the answer is self evident but the way i understand it they werent. sooo id ask ed renstrom! also, i'd carpet all the way behind spare. added insulation and cockpit noise would be reduced. only my humble opinion and since no one asked i'm offering this at face value. which it means dont listen to me, what do i know. drove lots of em but never tried to remember the subtle things.

Ed, what's this handle.. button for?

I have the same in my '70 and the wire is connected to.. nothing, cutted near the alternator. A choke? siren break?

That is a manual hot water valve control for the rear compartment heater. Pull to open, push to close.

why pay attention to the small things when you can. really I find it doesn't take any longer to do it the way MM or Superior did. there are vary few cars that are one of. if your trap you ask here and some one has one. had I not been able to go look at mine on this one I would have asked for pictures. you notice we did not go so far as to run down and have the upholster put in the cuts and trim them like MM did. had we been building a museum piece that would have been done and the engine would not be running. but the big question was did they run the rug all the way back and up. or did the rubber come up to the middle of the seat. superior did theres that way with tails on either side to had the rubber under the seat. the post was really about thingking before you make changes in the car. do I need to or will the way it was build do? now both of these cars are or were origional. if yours is not someone else has one that is. half the fun is finding out how it was done

Back