How many Criterion's are left...

With all the information posted on this thread, would it be reasonable to assume there were actually more than 50 Criterions built? Not stirring the pot but the numbers seem to lean in that direction. :smiley3:

I use to work for Shurtleff Ambulance in Lincoln, NE and we had a 74 Criterion. In about 1977 or 78 the owner traded the Criterion in to Mid Continent Conversons in Kansas City for two Stratus Vans. I have pictures but can't attach them. I am going to send them to Steve Loftin and ask him to post them.

With all the information posted on this thread, would it be reasonable to assume there were actually more than 50 Criterions built? :

Jeez, I hope not, Richard. I was about to declare mine a super rarity and put it up for sale for $100,000.00. So much for the new ski cabin, huh? :pat:

And another one pops up thanks to Fred again. Really nice Criterion too.

PomptonLakes75M-MCriterion1.jpg

Without having serial numbers of the vehicles, it is impossible to know one from another after they change hands and are repainted. It has already been established that you are counting the same vehicle twice when it has been repainted. The accuracy of the count is only as good as the method of determining how the count is arrived at.

According to Rich Litton, the Pompton Lakes Criterion was supposedly one of two identical. This information came from Harold Clark, who owned Clark M-M Sales in NJ.

That would probably be correct Tony, Pompton Lakes is not to far from my location and they usually buy 2 rigs at the same time since they are a joint town squad comprised of Pompton Lakes NJ and Riverdale NJ. I believe each town pays for a rig. They recently bought two new Horton Rigs as twins, that replaced 2 other Horton Rigs that were twins. Walt McCalls book shows a pic of that criterion at a PCS meet, its listed as a 1975.

Hall's Ambulance-Bakersfield CA

I've been informed that Halls ambulance in California had a Criterion but so far unable to locate a pciture.

Although Robert Shepard or Kevin O'Connell may know otherwise.... I believe Hall's had a few Lifeliners but no Criterion's. Their current "PR" / Parade-Special Events Unit I believe is a BEAUTIFUL Solid Orange 1970 M-M / Cadillac Volunteer. MM

now take out your doubles or at least match them up. you have the one steve had in there 3 times. both Chris's and Roberts twice.
anyone know were the Hall rig came from? but still were are hoverign around the 50 number.

I know what you are saying Ed and this will be a project for me to work on. Does your photo collection have anything other than what's been posted? If so please post what you have.

Just think of it this way guys. What are the chances we are able to come up with a picture of almost every single Criterion that was built if only 50 were made? Probably not a very good but we seem to be doing it.

:batterUp:

Ok, I went over my pictures with a fine tooth comb and came up with 51 Criterions. I took into account all the information everyone has provided trying to eliminate any duplicates.

:blahblah::4_11_9:

Don't forget Canada!

When counting all the Criterions that were made, you'll have to consider that at least a few ended up in Canada. Aside from mine, I know of at least three that were up here, operated by B.C. Ambulance and leased through Howard Distributors. As I mentioned in another thread, I have tried to track them down without success. :smileflagcan:

Alas, a couple more surfaced. Again spending an hour recounting the pictures in my photobucket account and trying to eliminate duplicates, I now arrive at 60 Criterions.

First two are the same Criterion. I thought this was Henry Shell's Criteron but Henry's features a 184 with a speaker.
1976_M-M_Cadillac_Criterion_21.jpg

1976_M-M_Cadillac_Criterion_11.jpg

1974_M-M_Cadillac_ambulance1.jpg

Back