Wheel Covers for Lifeliner

Richard,
If you don't get the set on eBay, I have a friend with a pair of correct '73 Cadillac wheel covers that you can have for $20 plus actual shipping cost.

Richard,
If you don't get the set on eBay, I have a friend with a pair of correct '73 Cadillac wheel covers that you can have for $20 plus actual shipping cost.

Great offers but did manage to win a bid on 5 for $45 plus $20 shipping. Hopefully good for awhile.

Thanks PCS team!

will you go threw then and straighten out all the bent tabs since they hook on the outer lip of the rim not inside they are held on by the hooks. people try to beat them on like a other manufacture cap and bend them back curl the tips and then cut them off for wheel wights. take a punch and a pair of needle noise pliers and go around them. the tabs should come straight out of the stamping and the hooks all out at the same angle. the hooks are what locks it under the curl of the outer lip.

to put one on you start with the valve stem locking the hooks under the lip there then with a rubber mallet start on the far side and strike across not in. you are attempting to flex the hooks just enough to allow a few more to grab. work in at 90 deg angles a little at a time as you go around and they will never come off.

to remove them use a large flat blade and drive it under the cover. then with a twisting motion walk around it. you don't pry off a caddy cover.

they should all look like this and this would be the starting position for replacing them

Attachments

• IMG_4146.jpg
    IMG_4146.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 96
Wheel Covers

Next question, how do you keep the hubcaps from falling off?

Another problem you run into is the wrong wheel weights on the wheels. Caddy's take a unique weight , most places do have them any more. They let the clips slip under the weight. The regular weights interfere with the caps clips and lots off shops bend the tabs out of the way so it clear the regular weights. Sometimes this causes a problem depending on the # of weights and how many tabs are bent back to clear the weights. When a Caddy hubcap is installed properly it is almost impossible to pop off going down the road.

Attachments

• 20181107_121240.jpg
    20181107_121240.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20181107_121322.jpg
    20181107_121322.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 77
  • wheel weight.jpg
    wheel weight.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 48
Thanks. Can the weights be removed and mounted on the inside of the rim so it does no interfere with the hubcap? I've noticed my wheel weights appear to keep the hubcap from settling tight up next to the rim.

Another problem you run into is the wrong wheel weights on the wheels. Caddy's take a unique weight , most places do have them any more. They let the clips slip under the weight. The regular weights interfere with the caps clips and lots off shops bend the tabs out of the way so it clear the regular weights. Sometimes this causes a problem depending on the # of weights and how many tabs are bent back to clear the weights. When a Caddy hubcap is installed properly it is almost impossible to pop off going down the road.

Can you enlarge that photo for me?? Lol

Back