want a car?

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
we got the go ahead to make this announcement. the car will be at the Ramkota winner to be drawn at the banquet. if you flew in and don't want to drive it home I can keep it till arrangements are made to ship it to you. it will just be one more car for me to take home

Thu, May 23, 2019 at 8:05 PM, Tony Karsnia
<kars971@aol.com> wrote:
Good evening,

I was recently approached by Michael Parks, owner of Parks Superior Sales in Somers, CT with the idea of raffling off a hearse at the 2019 PCS International Meet in Rapid City, SD. Michael has a noteworthy car, a 1989 Eureka Cadillac limousine-style hearse that he felt would be best used to help promote and support The Professional Car Society. He is willing to donate the car to be raffled off at the meet next month, and he will have the hearse transported to Rapid City so meet attendees can see it and the lucky winner can take it home from there.

Some technical information:

The title of the hearse will be transferred directly from Parks to the new owner; PCS does not, and will not, have ownership of the car.

Raffle tickets are $100 each and will only be sold at the meet in Rapid City. Persons must be 18 years of age to purchase and must be present to win.

All ticket proceeds will go to PCS.

Making sure that we had our ducks in a row, Kim and I contacted the proper authorities in South Dakota and learned that we must submit a letter of intent and notarized affidavit in order for the raffle to be authorized and legal. We have completed the process and the raffle is approved. Jeff Hookway will be in receipt of the authorization letter, as we submitted the paperwork with the PCS address.

Gents, Parks Superior is a major supporter of PCS. Not only do they pay for a full page ad in each issue of TPC, they have sponsored the Welcome Reception Luncheon at the SD meet AND donated this hearse. Through my many lengthy conversations with Michael Parks, it is evident this is intended to be a long-term relationship.

Please feel welcome to contact me with any questions. Publicity of the raffle has begun on Facebook, and I have asked Dennis to add this to THE PCS website. I have attached the publicity card.

Looking forward to seeing you in SD next month!

Tony

What a great thing to do! We do the same with a radio twice a year at the Kutztown Antique Radio Meet sponsored by our club Delaware Valley Historic Radio Club. I wish Jan and I could be there but its a no go due to distance. My personal opinion is if its done again some national promotion for say three or four months before the National Meet would produce a higher yield for the club and much favorable publicity.

When these opportunities pop up you got to grab them. This was presented to Tony the first of the month and we needed to clear the legal hurtle before we could say yes. This dealer has been vary good to us with the donation and transportation plus sponsor the meet and greet lunch. So if your close to him give him a thumbs up.

What a great gesture and loyal support to PCS. It is a great idea to use this to raise funds as well. However, I have mixed feelings about having to be present to win. There are several members who might have purchased tickets but are unable to attend the meet. However, someone will be happy to win that coach.

As I have always said, NO coach builder built better looking coaches during the 1980s than Eureka.............. and a limousine style!! Wow!

However, I have mixed feelings about having to be present to win.

I can't think of a better incentive to attend the meet (other than the usual cars and camaraderie), especially one as far away from a large concentration of members as this one. :thumbsup:

Wow great idea. Would be great if you could buy some by not being there. I think you could raise a lot more for the PCS , if that was possible. :my2cents:

As I have always said, NO coach builder built better looking coaches during the 1980s than Eureka.............. and a limousine style!! Wow!

Agreed. Beautiful car!

I think it's serving two purposes well: raising money for the club AND giving an added incentive for folks to attend the meet. Hope to see everyone there who can make it!

Tony, Kim, and Ed did a great job of handling the raffle on this coach! Initially, prior to coming to the meet, I thought that it should have been opened up to the general membership. Even those that were not able to attend. In retrospect, the way it was handled was definitely the best way to to do it. It was a good attendance draw for the meet and no one can question how the drawing was handled. Hopefully, we can have similar raffle opportunities with future meets, through gracious donations like this one!

Back