1949 Superior

Vin

welcome to the board and on the purchase of your car!! A lot of them had a door plate on the inside of the drivers side door well. Not sure if thats the same on yours! Love to see some pictures of your ambulance!

Congrats on the acquisition.

In '56, Superior had the plate riveted on the inside of the passenger door well, between the hinges. Look for mounting holes in this area to see if the plate was there originally.

dsc08135n.jpg

most of superiors tags were on the fire wall drivers side. GMs were a shinny tag drivers door frame around the cowl some were. I don't have a superior tag of that year so if you find on take a pictures and Share.

Mine was just a ambulance, but ive trimed it up more like a combo, most of the interior stuff was all out of it when i recieved it.

Is your car an ambulance or a combination? I was curious because it doesn't have tunnel lights.

Steve, Rocky is correct his is a straight ambulance called a Londonderry. I have confirmed this with the model numbers he sent me, as I am trying to list all 49 S&S coaches still around since no one seems to have much info on them.
Here is a ad of this model. (Sorry about hijacking this thread).
1949 S&S ambulance ad.jpg

Back