70 Superior Rescuer Stainless trim for quarter panel

James Fischer

PCS Member
th_DSCN1946.jpg

Looking for this TOP STAINLESS rail on the rear quarter panel.....
for 1970 Superior Rescuer....

Any leads appreciated !!

Jim

Hearse or combo should be the same. but it would be a superior only pice of trim. now I have to ask are the clips still on the top to put it back on?

Hearse or combo should be the same. but it would be a superior only pice of trim. now I have to ask are the clips still on the top to put it back on?

There are NO clips......just the remnants of whatever they slathered on there to keep it in place...kind of looks like JB Weld.....:confused:

that's the sealer after 40 years. . so you need the molding and the clips. nothing like finally getting one and having no way to put it on. you can't buy that hardware either.

that's the sealer after 40 years. . so you need the molding and the clips. nothing like finally getting one and having no way to put it on. you can't buy that hardware either.

Ohhhhhhh....I would be HAPPY just to get the molding.......and the clips ?? :angel:........well...........
I can just use double-sided tape.....:pat:

Ohhhhhhh....I would be HAPPY just to get the molding.......and the clips ?? :angel:........well...........
I can just use double-sided tape.....:pat:

That is a rather rare piece of trim. Scares me to death to realize the trim on my Lifeliner is siliconed on and has held very nicely.

Do you also see the needed molding already removed laying in the back of this Superior?

dsc00225bh.jpg

I've called owner and left message asking about price/shipping with wife.

Attila,
Thank you for your help in trying to locate this trim piece.....
Althought I dont see it in the picture,that does not mean its not there,I just dont recognize it.....
I here are a couple of pictures to make it a bit clearer in what I need...its about 48" long and is "U" shaped..
th_DSCN2022.jpg

th_DSCN2015.jpg

th_DSCN2014.jpg

Thanks
Jim

Last edited:

Ed,
I went out today and scraped some of that sealer off and found all but 3 clips underneath.....some are rusted and dont know if they will do any good....but they are there....

most of the time they are buried in the sealer. put on with a screw with a number of washers underneath to space it up to catch the lip. try as hard as you can I don't there is there is enough edge to get the double sided tap to hold for long. I don't see it laying in back of that one either mostly interior stuff and the bumpers

most of the time they are buried in the sealer. put on with a screw with a number of washers underneath to space it up to catch the lip. try as hard as you can I don't there is there is enough edge to get the double sided tap to hold for long. I don't see it laying in back of that one either mosley interior stuff and the bumpers

Thank you Ed for confirming........ahhhhhh..the HUNT continues...;)

By the way Ed,would you know what years if any, other then 1970,would that trim be on ??

By the way Ed,would you know what years if any, other then 1970,would that trim be on ??

Might be the same as 68? Pic of the clips you need.

Attachments

• DSC04462.jpg
    DSC04462.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC04474.jpg
    DSC04474.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 006_2A.jpg
    006_2A.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 139
Since I never heard back from you on the Superior emblem, I'd imagine you're going to baulk at the molding price quoted too: a whopping $150 + $75 shipping. 3 phone calls to locate molding for you; not one cent of mark up. Call yourself to verify.

dsc00269ij.jpg

dsc00224uo.jpg

Since I never heard back from you on the Superior emblem, I'd imagine you're going to baulk at the molding price quoted too: a whopping $150 + $75 shipping. 3 phone calls to locate molding for you; not one cent of mark up. Call yourself to verify.

dsc00269ij.jpg

dsc00224uo.jpg

Attila,
I dont need to call anyone ...
I appreciate your help and assistance.....If the trim is straight and not mangled...
I will be happy to take it....and I apologize for the emblem.....:hide:
I also want to pay you a finders fee,so let me know ......
Do I call the number on the card to order or ????
Please advise.....
Thank you very much !
Jim

Call them - which is why business card is posted. I did relay the person looking was in CA.

$75 shipping is exorbitant, even if $10 is spent on a PVC tube. See if you can't get that worked down. Good luck!

Back