wanted siren light combo

Rocky Fluegge

PCS Member
On the 57 pontiac i just got i would like to get a siren light combo with the taper roof mount in 12volt if any one has one. The roof has the holes that were filled in for the siren light up front, and the light behind the roof vent on the car. i posted a pic from the one on the roof of my 49 cad. Im lookig for one like that.

Attachments

• 56 pontiac gurnee 62 chrysler 300 005.jpg
    56 pontiac gurnee 62 chrysler 300 005.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 56 pontiac gurnee 62 chrysler 300 006.jpg
    56 pontiac gurnee 62 chrysler 300 006.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 167
I believe it is either a Federal 66L or 77L sirenlight with the 10 degree mount.

On the 57 pontiac i just got i would like to get a siren light combo with the taper roof mount in 12volt if any one has one. The roof has the holes that were filled in for the siren light up front, and the light behind the roof vent on the car. i posted a pic from the one on the roof of my 49 cad. Im lookig for one like that.

The one you have is a Federal WL. In addition to the models Paul mentioned, a 67, 78, C5L, or C6 would work.

Is your goal to restore this car, or just make it period correct? All of the military '57 Pontiacs I've seen originally had a single beacon on the roof. I think it was a Mars RB; here is one of these cars at Desert Classics with its original beacon in place:

http://www.desertclassics.com/DC7/Pont57SCamb.html

Many, of course, had other warning devices mounted once the cars were surplused and entered civilian service.

Since these were built to strict military specs, what would it of had for a siren, a basic Federal 28, or???

No idea, my friend; I've never seen one of these cars in its original configuration. The newer ones ('61 Pontiacs, for example) had small Federal E sirens, which I've also seen on a '73 US Army C/B.

The one you have is a Federal WL. In addition to the models Paul mentioned, a 67, 78, C5L, or C6 would work.

Is your goal to restore this car, or just make it period correct? All of the military '57 Pontiacs I've seen originally had a single beacon on the roof. I think it was a Mars RB; here is one of these cars at Desert Classics with its original beacon in place:

http://www.desertclassics.com/DC7/Pont57SCamb.html

Many, of course, had other warning devices mounted once the cars were surplused and entered civilian service.
There are the holes in the roof where there was a siren light like i pictured up front and behind the vent is the hole for the light so that is what i want to put back on it.

Back