Red square headlights for 75 Criterion

The only person I can think of is John Dorgan, but as we all know he is not avalible, hopfuly soon.
Do these have a technical name like the round lights, PAR 36, for example?

bathing suit?

now ive heard if you move to canada you could enter beauty contests wearing womens bathing suits. trump seems to be coming on line with it so maybe a career change could be in your future...just saying..

I'm just curious, did any professional car ambulances ever come with red/wig wag headlights from the factory, was that even an option back then? I know everyone always adds them to their restored ambulances now, but I can honestly say I never saw wig wags until the early 1980s and that was always on van/modular type ambulances, never seen them on professional cars actually in service but that certainly doesn't mean they were not an option and ordered that way from the builder. But I'm really curious though!

I've noticed that almost all of the restored 50s/60's/70s police cars also have wig wags now too, but I'm wondering if that was even an option back in the day too.

Abe

Our 1970 Superior was delivered with the red wig wag headlamps, but it wouldn't pass NJ inspection with them, so they were removed. I still have them, sporting the original undercoating that was sprayed on the car when new. Can't say if it was a dealer installed option, or it came from the Superior factory, but they were on there when the car was delivered new.

None of our pontiac superiors came with them,and in our area Thames Valley Amb.in London Ont.was the first to use red flashing headlights on their suburbans and their bonneville,they also were the first in our area to use flashing headlights,their shop mechanic rigged it up using a signal flasher.Now I am talking mid-sixties.My boss said you want the headlights to flash use the dimmer switch.:pat:

I know we discussed wig wags before, but I cant find it here, so it was prolly on the old site. Anyways, If I remember right they were avalible around the early to mid 60s, but were not real popular at the time.

Back