WANTED: Superior coach, cash in-hand

WANTED: Looking for an old Superior coach, preferrably a 1960's Superior Pontiac or Cadillac combo, ambulance, or hearse. If you remember my earlier post looking to trade for one... the truck sold so i'm looking to buy. Cash in-hand for the right car, please PM me with what you may consider selling. No Consorts or 1970's stuff please. I'm leaning more towards a Pontiac ambo or combo, but am open minded towards Cadillacs & others. Thanks!

Have you considered placing a classified advertisement in The Professional Car? It is free to advertise to all PCS members, and will reach over 1000 PCS Members.

Thank you for the advice Paul. Hadn't thought about it much yet as to how to reach out to procar owners other than to run a wanted ad here. Honestly never expected all this to happen so fast... 3 hours after arrival on the show grounds Friday my truck was sold & paid for in cash. It left my daughter & I stunned & standing there 6 hours from home without a ride home, and the 8' bed was nearly full & all sitting there on the ground. With the help of some friends we just got home a couple hours ago. Enterprise wanted $447 to rent me a car to drive home I KID YOU NOT.

This had NEVER happened before and with the economy, classic car sales being low, show attendance was TERRIBLE... the truck was surrounded within 30 minutes & had 3 offers in the first hour. I'm so excited to finally be able to seek out exactly what I want!

Now that we're home safe the search begins and I appreciate any & all guidance in finding the elusive Superior...

Wow Dwayne, I offen had the fear of selling a car and having to walk home. Guess that is good and bad, good you got a decent price for that beautiful truck and bad you were standing there with pockets full of cash and piles of belongings to carry around. The 67 caddy S&S park row combo will be ready soon and will be top notch needing nothing but a good home. Hehehe!

Wow, Dwayne, you could have rented a U-Haul for less.....

I have a Superior Pontiac ambulance. Not intending to sell, but.....we could talk.

Thanks for all the replies! I've had some PM's, posts here, and found a few on my own so it's great to see so many out there that are or MAY be for sale (no fair teasing like that Steve!) anyways this looks like it'll be a fun search and any of you that are considering selling, please e-mail or call (740) 360-3940 as I am in the market.

The reason they wanted so much $$$ to rent a car is that I was in Indiana & have an Ohio driver's license & Ohio resident... so they view that as a HUGE risk for whatever reason even though Enterprise has lots everywhere.

Well everyone it looks like I have found one to deal on. A 1968 Cadillac Superior limo-style hearse. It's in Canada, the owner is a PCS member, and he said members such as Brady Smith can tell me all about this coach. Wish I had more than this one black & white picture but for now the owner & I have talked at length about the coach & we're very close to a sale. If anyone has seen this coach in person i'd love to hear some opinions!

5548778-500-0.jpg

Yep that's the one Todd. I think i'm going to keep looking more in the next few weeks to see what all is out there before commiting to anything.
Steve, please send some photos of your ambo it would be great to see it.

Okay I remember this one now, it was parked near the end of the row or at the end. I remember it having a lot of potential.

Okay I remember this one now, it was parked near the end of the row or at the end. I remember it having a lot of potential.

Yeah it was parked near the entrance to that museum Ron. It has alot of potential and unique little features like the small clearance lights on all 4 corners. The owner said Canada mandated they have them so Superior only installed them on the coaches entering Canada.

That is the car. Scott has a huge 70x30 garage full of hearses.

He drives that car quite often to hearse events.

With a paint job it will be a sweet car.

Hope you get it,
Darren

OOOHHH...another '68!

1968 is my favorite year of Cadillac and any professional car will do. If I had a big pole barn, it would be full of 1968 Cadillacs. Hope you can do something with this car, Dwayne. Saw it last summer in Flint; looked like a nice car that needed a little TLC.

There's alot about this '68 I like. It was the first year for the 472 so that's a plus AND it's dependable because Scott drives it alot. That speaks volumes to me that he isn't afraid to drive it anywhere. The interior is amazing, he sent lots of pictures tonight. As a part of the deal he's offered to drive it to Niagra Falls for me across the border. Yes it's CRYING for paint but the thing is STRAIGHT & not bubbling all over with rust.

Now I have a question, has anyone ever bought a Canadian car at a show in the U.S.? I see it happen all the time & that's how we'll play this out if I deal on it. I read on the U.S. customs site that the process of a "proper" sale includes duty fees, power washing the whole thing underneath as to not have any foreign soil enter the country, inspections, delays, passports, blah blah blah BUT at the hotrod shows I see people buy canadian cars ON THE SPOT! Any advice? If you're at a show & buy a Canadian car there has to be a way to get the DMV to transfer the title over after a VIN# verification. Will look into this further & would appreciate any & all stories on this subject.

I'm already envisioning this one with new curtains, painting it the same color, wide-whites and ... ok i'll just shut up right there. It's definitely in the front running for a sale!

I have bought 3 hearses in the US and brought them back to Canada.

The only thing I needed to do was fax a copy of the title to the boarder customs office 72 hours before taking the car to them.

You just needed the title, bill of sale and pay the tax on it.
Super easy if you have everything done in advance.

I have the info in my phone ready for the next one !

Not sure about Canada to the US but im sure its easy if you call customs and find out what it takes to import a car from Canada.

Hope it goes well for you,
Darren

I have delivered or sold four Canadian registered vehicles (two of them ambulances) to the U.S. over the years, the most recent one a couple of years ago. Never once did I run into any problems at U.S. Customs. Things may have changed recently, but I'd be surprised. The main thing is that you have proof that the car originated in the U.S. (as most professional cars did). The factory sticker on the door jamb as well as the manufacturer's metal plate on the fender well or firewall was all that they looked at in each instance. I was through customs in less than five minutes.

I seem to recall a post here a year ago about somebody importing a procar to Australia. In this instance it had to be power washed and inspected for foreign substances. To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't happened for vehicles either being exported from Canada to the U.S. or vise versa.

I sold a Canadian registered car privately in Arizona a couple of years ago. I followed the buyer down to the DMV and watched him register it, as I had to sign it over in front of a Notary Public. There was no problem. Our certificate of registration is the same as a U.S. title for a vehicle. I have never heard of any DMV refusing to accept this when registering a newly purchased Canadian vehicle in the U.S.

There is a 68 combo (I believe it's a Superior) in town almost identical to the one posted here. One difference is it has curved windows on the rear corners. I looked at it before I bought my hearse. I love that color.

There is a 68 combo (I believe it's a Superior) in town almost identical to the one posted here. One difference is it has curved windows on the rear corners. I looked at it before I bought my hearse. I love that color.

Don't tell us about a car without posting pictures!

Back