What do you call it? Needed!

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
On my 68 Superior, there is a knob missing, which I believe controls the rear heat. It is located on the right of the forward facing jump seat, if you are sitting in it. Currently, all I have there is a hole with a wire sticking out of it. Anybody have one of these that they would sell me? I would really like to get this part, thank you.

If all you have is "a hole with wiring sticking out of it", you need more than just a knob!

If it is just a hole, it may have just had a plug in it as well as holes were plugged from the factory if the vehicle was not ordered with that option..... such as rear A.C.

I have a wajamacallit, but I don't know if it is the right size or color for you needs. it is somewhere between 1/8" and 4" in diameter, and measures 5 1/4" diagonally. It can be mounted either vertically or horizontally, however, if mounted horizontally, the electrons might spill out of it, and contaminate the floor. If that happens, then you need to have a hazardous clean up license to mop up the loose electrons. It is a very expensive item that was manufactured by Dewey, Screwem, and Howe. They have gone out of business, and the successors to the business are Killum n'Eatum. :D

On my 68 Superior, there is a knob missing, which I believe controls the rear heat. It is located on the right of the forward facing jump seat, if you are sitting in it. Currently, all I have there is a hole with a wire sticking out of it. Anybody have one of these that they would sell me? I would really like to get this part, thank you.

Please post a photo.

My question would be,it the wire hot. Is it a power wire or a controlled wire.if its hot it would go to a switch.if it's not, hook up 12volts to it and see what comes on

Pictures Received!

Okay, here is a picture, or two of the location, the hole and the wire. Anybody have what goes here?

Attachments

• P1120125.jpg
    P1120125.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 256
  • P1120126.jpg
    P1120126.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 257
  • P1120127.jpg
    P1120127.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 251
That's where you toss your cigarettes! Note the burn mark!

What is the horizontal bar mounted next to the jump seat? Is that a stretcher bar??

Last edited:
Here is the '67 prior to some modifications. might help. Still have it same place, it's the cot light heat fan control box.

Close-up of the one removed from JM's '69 Superior Pontiac

Last edited:
That is a Cole Hersee rotary heater fan switch that you are missing. See picture from eBay seller. This might not be exactly what was used, because at that time, they were also using a white twist knob with a light behind the plastic that illuminated. Those also become available on eBay. I might even have one in the garage, but it will be a couple of days before I can check.
s-l400.jpg

Link to eBay seller....

That is a Cole Hersee rotary heater fan switch that you are missing. See picture from eBay seller. This might not be exactly what was used, because at that time, they were also using a white twist knob with a light behind the plastic that illuminated. Those also become available on eBay. I might even have one in the garage, but it will be a couple of days before I can check.
s-l400.jpg

Link to eBay seller....

Well, I bought it, because I trust that you know more than I do and that it is the part I am missing. Thanks for the leads, I would not have found it without the help of this great group of people.

You still need to entire panel, as pictured in Martin's photo. As Ed stated, there has to be more wires down there for the other switches.

So, I have the knob, does anyone have the rest of this panel? It would definitely help to fill a void in my ambulance.

Back