Vintage nameplate questions

Is there a company that makes custom nameplates for vintage coaches with the post style nameplates? I am sorry if this has been discussed, I did a search and did not see anything. We are looking to have a set made for a 1939 Packard.

Thanks,
Jeremy

I do own a small name plate company that I bought out last year but I haven't started any production yet. Been having trouble finding everything I've been needing to build a small melting furnace but I'm starting to find and get in what all I need now. HOPEFULLY I can have something going next year sometime on that!

Keep us posted Jeremy,rather do business with family first.:smileflagcan:

Jeremy is family, but so is Tom at Names Unlimited. I dont think he is a PCS member but he does fantastic work and alot of PCS members go to him.

Im sure we all cant wait for Jeremy to get started though and I wish him all the luck!!

I do own a small name plate company that I bought out last year but I haven't started any production yet. Been having trouble finding everything I've been needing to build a small melting furnace but I'm starting to find and get in what all I need now. HOPEFULLY I can have something going next year sometime on that!

Jeremy, I bought a reproduction set from Names Unlimited, that reflect what was on the car. I want a second set that say Martin. I will be one of your first customers, now that I know.

Anyone have an update on post-type nameplates? The 1961 Eureka-Cadillac has the post-holes and could use a set. I contacted Names Unlimited last week (they're not listed as an option on their website) and have yet to hear back.

What I suggest is to have a post drilled and tapped. Then drilled a hole at the base of the standard nameplate holder, and insert a screw through the hole, and screw it into the post.

Name Plates

Anyone have an update on post-type nameplates? The 1961 Eureka-Cadillac has the post-holes and could use a set. I contacted Names Unlimited last week (they're not listed as an option on their website) and have yet to hear back.

Had a friend make these for the Buick that had the same style of post. Basically they are adapters so you can use the more common name plates . Any small machine shop or fabrication shop could make these for you.

Attachments

• DSC01303.jpg
    DSC01303.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC01304.jpg
    DSC01304.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC01308.jpg
    DSC01308.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Name Plate Holder

.........or, get yourself a set of these post-style name plate holders! These came out of a '64 M-M. It seems like these were not uncommon in M-Ms of that era. Might possibly have been a specific coach dealer that liked these in my part of the world. This is the only set that I have.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 166
What I suggest is to have a post drilled and tapped. Then drilled a hole at the base of the standard nameplate holder, and insert a screw through the hole, and screw it into the post.

Certainly one option. I'd worry about ordering new nameplates and damaging them in the process to add a post of some kind myself. The posts are just cylinders like Dan and Kurt's photos show, and not a screw.

Had a friend make these for the Buick that had the same style of post. Basically they are adapters so you can use the more common name plates . Any small machine shop or fabrication shop could make these for you.

Cool!

.........or, get yourself a set of these post-style name plate holders! These came out of a '64 M-M. It seems like these were not uncommon in M-Ms of that era. Might possibly have been a specific coach dealer that liked these in my part of the world. This is the only set that I have.

Check your e-mail, I'm in for the set. Not a bad idea to have on hand if no one still makes the post-style. :)

These holders couldn't be that difficult to make up. It's just a cut section of extruded aluminum channel with an aluminum pin set in it. Then just drill and tap it for a set screw.

I am going to hang onto this set. I have my eye on a certain M-M that may need them!

a block cutout out the u shaped aluminum' with the proper size rod threaded in and one more for the thumb screw. a very good cheap easy to do alternative. Dan's would look more like a post. but a lot more money to make

These holders couldn't be that difficult to make up. It's just a cut section of extruded aluminum channel with an aluminum pin set in it. Then just drill and tap it for a set screw.

I am going to hang onto this set. I have my eye on a certain M-M that may need them!

Makes sense to me! Misunderstanding on my part.

a block cutout out the u shaped aluminum' with the proper size rod threaded in and one more for the thumb screw. a very good cheap easy to do alternative. Dan's would look more like a post. but a lot more money to make

Making some isn't a bad idea. Paul's idea of drilling a hole in the nameplate base and having a post made isn't bad either - probably the way I'll go if push comes to shove. I'll wait a bit more to hear back from Nameplates Unlimited - they've had great reviews and I'll still need to order name plates regardless. Some more Google-Fu found me http://www.embalmers.com/hearse.html that notes "Pin Center" bars and I think is what we're talking about here with the "posts." I e-mailed and will wait on that too.

Back