Wanted-Federal "Q" base

Send me the mount so I can have it recasted for my car. I need one also. If you don't want to send it to me, then send it to John Dorgan to have done. You can even send it to Kevin O'Connell, since has has a sand caster that does great work.

Send me the mount so I can have it recasted for my car. I need one also. If you don't want to send it to me, then send it to John Dorgan to have done. You can even send it to Kevin O'Connell, since has has a sand caster that does great work.

I will be more than happy to send this Kevin or John so a cast can be made and more of these are available to the PCS people.

Let me know....

OK run threw how your bolting that on again. 7 sets of holes. you need to drill 5 in the car. the center two mount the 30% angle base to the car. the front two and rear two mount the siren to the base in front then threw the base to the car in the rear. big hole threw the car in the center for the wire. so you end up with 5 holes in the roof. make sure you center it on the brace so that you go threw the roof threw the brace or that thing will brake off and you'll end up with it dangling from the wire. a little silicone around the holes will keep most of the water out.

Base is on it's way to Kevin so more can be made for PCS folks. If you need one, contact Kevin and get on the list knowing it will be many weeks before they are available. I wish someone would donate a right side angled siren mount so it can be recast as well.

This was Paul's idea and as ususal, he's always looking out for the members trying to get them what they need for their Pro-Cars. Also could not be done without Jon selling the item in the first place. Thanks again Jon.

Thanks Paul....

:boo:

Or is it Paul needs one and being selfish. As Steve Davis with B-J says, you decide!!!

looking out for other members always starts with a need of you own. then that thought if I need this maybe others do to. small runs are expensive. and if your life is not centered around marketing them you get stuck with a number of what you had made. one of the things that might be considered is either the archivist or the club store or the web site could have the list of what is available and were to go to get it. here in the members section would be OK. you need superior script Jean-Mark has it you need Q siren base Keven has it you need MM or 70's style weather stripping ?? no one right now has it. but as anyone that has gotten this stuff made, sold a few to the friends. only to get stuck with the rest knows it expensive. they usually only do it once. whole cars are cheaper then getting one piece made

Base is on it's way to Kevin so more can be made for PCS folks. If you need one, contact Kevin and get on the list knowing it will be many weeks before they are available. I wish someone would donate a right side angled siren mount so it can be recast as well.

This was Paul's idea and as ususal, he's always looking out for the members trying to get them what they need for their Pro-Cars. Also could not be done without Jon selling the item in the first place. Thanks again Jon.

Thanks Paul....

:boo:

Or is it Paul needs one and being selfish. As Steve Davis with B-J says, you decide!!!

Considering that I have the correct base on my Federal Q to go with my 1969 Miller Meteor 48" Classic ( Same as the 1970 Volunteer Model ) I don't need one. I did get a message from another Volunteer owner today asking if he needed one of these bases for mounting the Q on his car. I said that he only needs to find the correct Q mounting base. He presently has the base for the flat surface mounting. The one pictured is the original Q that Miller Meteor mounted on my car in 1969. It was found in the attic of the ambulance service that originally bought the car. It was removed on the day that the car was taken out of service, and stored away for some time in the future when needed. That time came when I inquired about it.

Attachments

• MVC-005L.jpg
    MVC-005L.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 101
Gosh! I didn't know this was such a sought after item. It's been sitting on my workbench for several years. I'm glad to see it being put to good use.

R/ Jon

I have the exact angeled base you have there Paul including a flat one. But if you have a roof with the slope I have on the Criterion and want your siren to mount lower down between the tunnel lights, it will require the angeled mount that Jon sold me.

I have the exact angeled base you have there Paul including a flat one. But if you have a roof with the slope I have on the Criterion and want your siren to mount lower down between the tunnel lights, it will require the angeled mount that Jon sold me.

Richard Bring Your car up and I will tweek the Sirens & Speakers for You
I Gaurantee it will be Heard

Russ

As I said earlier, you need this base to get the "Q" down low enough on the roof like this Criterion.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 126
Back