1961 Miller Meteor Cadillac Limo-Style Combo, Nice!

Not my favorite style but condition is exceptional and documentation could not be better. The hang on AC with the monster compressor is not the best for todays world.Wish it did not have the white repaint the original color was superb. Someone is gonna get a great Coach.

Information from the auction....

Hello enthusiasts of unusual and rare automobiles. Up for auction is a piece of history that I am selling for dear friends and neighbors of mine. This is a 2nd owner 1961 Cadillac Miller Meteor "Futura" that was purchased from the exact funeral home that purcahsed/ordered the car when it was brand new. It was the property of Moser Funeral Home in Freemont, Nebraska. This was operated not only as a Hearse, but as a full service Ambulance, too. The car has a factory plug on the roof that easily unbolts by the twist of your fingers, in order to put the red rotating lighted beacon on. This is a 70,000 original mile car that still has a working siren, air conditioning up front, as well as the back section, and heating throughout. The engine is an excellent running 390 Cadillac V8, with 12 volt system. It has a rebuilt 4 barrel carburetor, all new brakes, new brake booster (Dewey) and rebuilt transmission. It also has brand new tires, water pump, power steering pump,radiator hoses, belts, and battery. The rubber and "fuzzy" window seals are in remarkably good condition considering it age, and not cracked or rotted. The car was originally turquoise exterior, but was painted white early on. The thought was that the white color was more appropriate when in service as an Ambulance. The turquoise and silver interior is in great condition minus a few splits on the seat seams. The dash pad is in mint condition, and so is the original headliner. There is zero rust on the floors. Bier pins are in tact. There is one crack in the windshield. On both sides of the front seat there are original 1960s metal "Ambulance" signs that pop out . The jumper seats in the back are in excellent condition. There is a radio delete plate that has been on the car since new. These are extremely hard to find, and very unusual, especially on Cadillacs. The vehicle is always garaged and covered up. Only 1,000 miles have been put on this since 2008. It starts, runs, drives, and stops, perfect! The amount of documentation we have on the car is incredible. The original "MOSER" plaque is shown on the side window, which shows the funeral home that the car came from. Original owners manual, 1961 Caddy pictured key fob, Protection manual, receipts with dates, letters from the funeral home, bill of sale with the Moser letterhead, and much more. A true time capsule that can easily be used in the film industry, a great asset to any Hearse club in the world, or simply placed as the perfect addition to any automotive museum! For those that are knowledgable with Cadillac Hearses & Ambulances , you know that this particular coach builder is rare. This is the same exact builder as the "Ghost Busters" car. In fact, the roofs are identical. In Southern California, my friends have attended many Hearse gatherings, and there hasn't been 1 single other car like this! Don't let this slip away as its a rare chance to by something that no one else has! All sales are final. Ask questions prior to bidding and/or buying. There are no warranties, refunds,exchanges, or returns. Car can be seen in person. Don't worry about shipping as I know of two reputable Auto Transportation companies. Buyer pays for shipping and I will see to it that the car arrives in a safe and prompt manner. Feel free to contact me any time. Thank you and have a wonderful day. Alex 909-437-2068.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 122
Not my favorite style but condition is exceptional and documentation could not be better. The hang on AC with the monster compressor is not the best for todays world.Wish it did not have the white repaint the original color was superb. Someone is gonna get a great Coach.

I don't like the curved rear glass myself, but I would gladly live with it. Personally, I would prefer the gorgeous original turquoise color, too, but the white is fine. Looks like a fabulous coach!

I spoke with the seller today, just in case he wasn't asking enough for it. But, it was more than I want to spend, I prefer the less expensive cars, I am more comfortable there. Alex is a really nice guy and I suggest to anyone who might be interested to call him, you might just make a deal.

I spoke with the seller today, just in case he wasn't asking enough for it. But, it was more than I want to spend, I prefer the less expensive cars, I am more comfortable there. Alex is a really nice guy and I suggest to anyone who might be interested to call him, you might just make a deal.

What is he looking for on price? Thanks

Back