Sharp and Unusual 1987 Chevy Caprice Limo

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
Take a look, it is really nice https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Chevrolet-Caprice/124364632851?hash=item1cf4b5b313:g:XwcAAOSwPD1feO~C

I have a pair of these limousines, although the auction is just for one of them. The other one is in storage but is available if interested. I've owned them about 20 years and had a lot of fun with the family and friends in them, but now is the time to let them go. The car runs great. The engine is a 5.0L, the interior is blue leather, there's a mini tv and bar in the back. Any more questions please call me at (207)754-1027 between 8:00am-6:00pm eastern. I would like to not use email. Thanks, Mark

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited by a moderator:
A neat limo note in the pictures it even has the Brougham Dash cluster - Gauges not lights.when we were exporting them to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia something they demanded. Too bad it has the gut less 307 Olds engine when they could have ordered the 350 cop car motor. I would love to add it to the fleet but no storage room. Now if it had the 350 ???

Not a bad price but for the fact it has the weak 307 Olds motor bad fuel mileage and a slug. I have 1/2 that in my 96 six door gets great fuel mileage and more looks due to the Presidential appearance. And with the LT-1 motor also has get up and go. I still have an 89 Pennsylvania State Police fully marked and lighted Caprice in my collection and with the FI 350 it gets up and goes.

Had a 89 six door with that 307. It was not a lot of fun to push up in the hills. But i swapped the converter for one of the hot rod ones. It was surprising just how much 5 more ponies helped. The 92 with the 350 was a great car. Millage really close to what the 96 is.

I am not comparing the Caprice with 5.0 to an LT1 powered Brougham, we know its a loser. But, I think the uniqueness of this Caprice limousine has a certain appeal to me. I know it is a stone on the road, both in performance and ride quality.

Front clip the Same on Caprice from 87 to 90. 87 First year for composite headlights stayed the same till 91. Motor wise almost the same carburator 87 and 88 FI 89 and on except the good old 307 in the wagons why I will never know.

Back