1960 Pontiac Bonneville Superior Custom Ambulance

we have trashed it a number of times. bought at auction for big money wants to double it. looks like decent enough job done by people that had no idea about the car they were working on. a lot of things just wrong.

I actually like the car, please don't shoot me for that. I realize it has modifications that would take away from its authenticity and its historic value.
But, it has value and someone will enjoy it, without a doubt. What is it worth? I would say roughly half of the asking price. Maybe!

To us here this car looks WRONG and it is. However to John and Mary public at a shopping center or Burger King Show its beautiful a "CLASSIC" so we can hate the price but not what it is. It is still a hunk of metal that will impress the general public. Best of all its not featured in the weeds in the current TPC.

I actually like the car, please don't shoot me for that. I realize it has modifications that would take away from its authenticity and its historic value.
But, it has value and someone will enjoy it, without a doubt. What is it worth? I would say roughly half of the asking price. Maybe!

I support Bill. 1960 Superior Pontiacs do not grow on trees.
- If you could get it for a realistic price.
- Pray there is a healthy body under all that fresh paint.
- Change out the rear floor, and add a cot bar.
- Add period correct rims and dog dish caps.
- Put a period correct Beacon Ray on top with under hood siren.
- Rehang the drivers door.
- As a finishing touch, hand painted door signage.

One could do worse.

To us here this car looks WRONG and it is. However to John and Mary public at a shopping center or Burger King Show its beautiful a "CLASSIC" so we can hate the price but not what it is. It is still a hunk of metal that will impress the general public. Best of all its not featured in the weeds in the current TPC.

Another consideration is that although this not "authentic" to PCS standards, it is an attention-getter. It might just inspire someone to save and restore that old derelict professional car sitting in their neighborhood. The average person might think this car is correct, after all, the average person has a different point of view and knowledge. Not to stir up a hornet's nest, but I believe the PCS should understand these slightly modified cars and be more accepting of them.

If it showed u at a meet mines any morbid decorations it would be allowed on the show field. You cant get any mote excepting then that. The baby blue turns me off. Bt to rach his own. I can't understand why the put a chevy engine in it. A 455 pontiac or even any other v8 put out by pontiac yes but not a chevy if the origional power train was missing. But again that is me. It not worth the price paid at auction. To me and most here will agree.

Back