Lifeliner newest car there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M Lifeliner was in a car show yesterday surrounded by early 1900 vehicles. Turns out my 73 was the newest car there. We did walk away with a very nice plaque and polo shirt. One lady I talked with said my ambulance was the highlight of the car show and it reminded her when her brother drove an ambulance for a funeral home and he would take her for rides. It was well received. People still are amazed that funeral homes used to be the ambulance service. I guess adding "funeral Home" to the signage was a great idea.
Richard

Sounds like you had a good time.

Your '73 was the newest car there? That is a car show that I would have liked. In my opinion, the 70s were the end of the unique cars. All of the cars of the 80s looked the same to me.

... I guess adding "funeral Home" to the signage was a great idea ...
Definately a good conversation starter and also good advertising for the PCS.

You are correct, most people don't know that the funeral homes ran the first ambulances. I know that there are times that I get to talking about professional cars with other car people and I mention combinations and the reaction I usually get is... "A combination of what?" ... "A combination of a hearse and an ambulance?" ... "Why?"

drive slower

Had a friend who was a retired funeral director he told me that depending on how busy the funeral home was how fast they drove the ambulance. If things were slow at the funeral home you drove the ambulace slower:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back