Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > Period Correct Discussion Forum

Period Correct Discussion Forum For the discussion of Period Correct items that are associated with Professional Cars. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:06 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,072 Times in 3,579 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Arends View Post
What did you do with them??
I never had them. The radios, and other items, such as the siren, etc., were removed by the Squad when they decommissioned and sold the ambulance. I got these items back by asking the Squad if they still had them. They in turn looked in the attic of the Squad building, and sent me what they had in exchange for a donation. I did ask about the mountings, however, they said that they sent everything that they found. This doesn't mean that the small parts might still be there, but getting them to look further has been fruitless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John ED Renstrom View Post
Why don't you use the ones that are on the the ones pictured?
The bottom mount isn't pictured, since it isn't there. The only thing that I do have is the holes in the top of the cabinet where it was mounted. My guess is that since the unit was installed from the bottom up, and removed from the top down, they didn't put everything back together the way it was removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Harvey View Post
I saw some in front of the attendant seat, possibly ?
Where is this picture of the missing part(s) that you reference?
Old 03-26-2017, 11:44 AM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,564 Times in 5,722 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

So they had a fluted base that married up to the center hole in the bracket? The one I took from the yard out of a 78 van was just bolted threw the bracket. There was no base. So I put it into the 72 the same way only reversed the bracket so it hung under the dash not up from the floor. I wondered about it at the time why the shape. But used what I had to get it in
Paul Steinberg  (03-26-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
PCS Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

we have a lot of Motorola micor radios and parts including the power supply and cables. if your looking for anything you can email us at sawyer76@ssbcglobal.net or call 618 593-3664 thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Sawyer For This Useful Post:
David Henry (04-06-2017), Paul Steinberg  (04-06-2017)