Neck model MD Nesmith lens needed

I have a 6 volt window mount siren light with the original carrying case in mint shape except the red lens is cracked. Does anyone have one or know what fits ?

Classy!

another light I've never seen before............so, was this for a combination coach or an unmarked police car, or maybe, either one?:confused:

What you have is a rebranded Federal Sign & Signal Model VG. I have the same siren, minus the lens also.

I was told its a VL mounted to NECO'S frame.

Typo on my part... I meant to type VL, but my fingers tricked me into typing VG. Unfortunately, by the time that I noticed the one letter typo, the edit time had expired. :eek:

This light is fascinating and I can see the draw to it in its own era but how did it not vibrate enough to shatter the window as well as render its operator deaf?

The deaf part I see as a problem.

The light has a slot with window channel felt in it that fits over the glass. The top fits up in the door slot when you roll up the window

Interesting, I've never seen anything like that, either.

Picture "Kojak", circa 1951. When he gets a call (on the phone), he jumps into his unmarked sedan, and slaps this siren/light on the window, and rushes off (hopefully without breaking the glass). (He had hair back then, too.)

It would also have been useful for volunteer firemen.

Wobbulator had an electronic version of that idea in the '80s. Window clip mount with the speaker and an SVP Hot Shot rotator on the outside, control box and cigar plug on the inside.

Judging by the model # I bet this was marketed to country doctors.

Back