68 MM Side lamps

Since I am in touch with 2 previous owners of my car, i did some digging and uncovered a few pictures of my car before I owned it. the 4 holes on each side appeared to be in the shape of a cross, so i always thought I was looking for a Christian cross to put there. But it appears there used to be an outside lamp here. Picture of lamp attached (and consequential females)

I have a couple questions:

1. Was this factory for a 68 MM combo or did someone add this for looks?
2. What is the proper name for this lamp to make my research easier

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1522679288282.jpg
    FB_IMG_1522679288282.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 116
Blake,

Miller-Meteor did not offer coachlamps on the 1968 models. If you have pictures of your coach depicting coachlamps, the lamps are not factory correct. Please post the photos you have of your coach; the car in this picture appears to be an early '80's S&S Victoria (which did come with standard coachlamps.)

If there are four very small holes on the "C" pillar shield of your car, that is where Miller-Meteor mounted a cross motif.

Blake,

Miller-Meteor did not offer coachlamps on the 1968 models. If you have pictures of your coach depicting coachlamps, the lamps are not factory correct. Please post the photos you have of your coach; the car in this picture appears to be an early '80's S&S Victoria (which did come with standard coachlamps.)

If there are four very small holes on the "C" pillar shield of your car, that is where Miller-Meteor mounted a cross motif.

Agree - didn't look like the same car.

Blake - I too enjoy the fun of deductive reasoning and research to piece things back together. In this case, the below capture from the 1968 M-M sales literature may help you. What little knowledge I have is on the ambulances, so I can't tell you how common these are.

Attachments

• Decor.jpg
    Decor.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 95
While this photo is from the '67 factory brochure, I believe it is the same as the '68 model. You can see the cross on the C pillar panel that Tony was referring to.

Attachments

• 67 MM Brochure0003.jpg
    67 MM Brochure0003.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 89
Blake,

It definitely wouldn't have been a "cross", but the "Accent Star" on a combination, which is what I am sure Tony was referring to.

Thanks I had messaged her about it and she told me the hearse in that picture was her friends 80s hearse, so you are all right, definitely would have been the accent star

My thoughts are that if a potential M&M purchaser said to the salesman. "Well I want coach lamps on the unit I am ordering and if you are unable to supply the coach with them I am sure S&S will". Guess what? The new M&M would have coach lamps even if M&M bought them from S&S.

it would have been a dealer installed thing. and yes the dealer would have done it to make the sale. as could have anyone else. but it they were on the car they would leave more of a mark then 4 holes. as were have not seen it it would be had to say. :rolleyes:

ED I am with you four holes NO five yes you need a hole for the wire. My point was never say never on Pro cars unless a fleet order most were one of one spec wise. So low production and "The customer is always right". The lights COULD have happened.

Looked threw all my pictures and only found 3 other then ambulances with a molding on the c pillar. A lot of them in the trim on the B none by them selves there. So you may have a rare bird there

Some one has removed the stainless trim. but maybe one can't tell from this close a shot replaced it with the S&S wood grain aluminium one. The did not put it all on should be a chrome piece around it as i recall. Of course the top would. Be different and it would not have been as easy to put it on.

Back