What's inside your Procar?

what's inside

My combination usually has a gurney with sheets and blanket, ambue bag, a stethoscope, and a small metal first aid kit. I will leave it to the experts to advise me on what else I should or could have in a 1961 model coach.
Mike

:thumb:

Last edited:
this is what I carried in the 72 high top when I had it. folding back board, folding scoop. short board, traction splint, portable O2 oxie all, fairfield defibrillator, necessary belts, a Alice pack for the jump kit. air wrist arm and leg splints, field dressings, SS urinal and bed pan, ss amuses basin, military flashlight, field sobriety kit, O2 mask and cannula, O2 gages and humidifier, IV set and IV bottles,ambo bag, the misc medical supplies tongue depressors bandages and gauze wrap. I would have had more but it was a milary ambulnce and there was not a lot of room.

Attachments

• 1972 cb 54 display.JPG
    1972 cb 54 display.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 415
1976 mobile cardiac critical care

-lifepak 4 or 5
-bird mark 4/7 ventilator: first used as pressure cycled ventilators were less likely to cause pulmonary injury from hyperinflation, of NO value during CPR
-Ohio Hope respirator
-intubation set
-iv supplies
-iv medications: lidocaine, calcium gluconate or chloride, epinephrine, sodium bicarb, atropine, an anti-histamine and morphine
-sl med: nitroglycerin.

I would think that it would also be helpful if the folks listing their equipment here also listed what year model of car they are talking about as well, like Ed did. A few years either way sure seems to make a big difference. I like this thread already, thanks for starting it. :myopinion:

plastic or glass

Plastic IV bags would be @ 1970-72 for general use. Some one can correct me out there but I would think any paramedic program would have worked with plastic not glass.

they tell me that 72 would be the change over year. by 73 glass was out. Tim says 70 to start with. sounds about right 2 years to phase out one system and put in another.

Ed, you are right on. Turns out Baxter first released their plastic IV bag in 1970. It would take a year or two to replace glass.

It would be easier to say what I don't have in my cars. I will take a stab at it though.
O2,masks, cannulas, oral, nasal airways and either combi tube or EGTA. Rico, Laerdal or both suctions, defibrillator, bio phone, BVM, Demand Valve, Board splints, basket splints, air splints. Bandages and dressings of all sizes, burn sheets, ob kit, blood bourne pathogen kit, c collars, immobilizers, long board, spine boards Kendricks extrication device, hare traction splint. Some cars have MAST Reeves stretcher, scoop and folding stretchers, CPR board, stair chair, jump kit. Portable and some in car mounted b/p cuffs, code clock. Seat belt cutters, one car has a thumper and it goes on and on.............

It would be easier to say what I don't have in my cars. I will take a stab at it though.
O2,masks, cannulas, oral, nasal airways and either combi tube or EGTA. Rico, Laerdal or both suctions, defibrillator, bio phone, BVM, Demand Valve, Board splints, basket splints, air splints. Bandages and dressings of all sizes, burn sheets, ob kit, blood bourne pathogen kit, c collars, immobilizers, long board, spine boards Kendricks extrication device, hare traction splint. Some cars have MAST Reeves stretcher, scoop and folding stretchers, CPR board, stair chair, jump kit. Portable and some in car mounted b/p cuffs, code clock. Seat belt cutters, one car has a thumper and it goes on and on.............

Show off! :thumb::893USA-Smilie-thumb

Ed, you are right on. Turns out Baxter first released their plastic IV bag in 1970. It would take a year or two to replace glass.
I know we had glass IV bottles on our medic unit in Maryland when I joined in '80, through about '82. (No, it wasn't just for Nitro drips.) I didn't do it, but someone else on a call with me dropped one and broke it.

Lets take a quick peek in the back of my 73 M-M combo shall we!:toocool:

Attachments

• Oktoberfest 2010 003.jpg
    Oktoberfest 2010 003.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Oktoberfest 2010 008.jpg
    Oktoberfest 2010 008.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 157
  • Oktoberfest 2010 009.jpg
    Oktoberfest 2010 009.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Oktoberfest 2010 006.jpg
    Oktoberfest 2010 006.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 151
It looks like there is a pig back there!!!!:hide:

And that surprises you why? :wowguy:

attachment.php

Ops....

Someone else sent me a PM saying that was Jeremy's girl friend walking behind the car, and that he was going to be upset. Let me make this perfectly clear, I was talking about the pink thing in the car.
Jeremy, where have you been hiding this lady all these years?? Inquiring minds need to know!!! :angel:

Back