1962 Olds C/B

Spotted this week at the Texas EMS Conference in Austin by one of my employees. Sign says it belongs to Emergency Ministries, courtesy of Steve and Debra Diamond, MetroCare, Abiline, Texas. Steve was a well known ambulance operator/collector in southeast Texas for a long time as most of you know. Enjoy.

Attachments

• EM1.jpg
    EM1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 300
  • EM2.jpg
    EM2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 298
  • EM3.jpg
    EM3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 300
  • EM4.jpg
    EM4.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 301
I don't know about the rest of you, but it's hard to beat the good looks of a C/B-Olds of that era. THX for sharing! MM

"Round, round, get around, I get around..."

Originally from NJ (burgundy and silver), then to IL (lime yellow), then to Steve (white), then donated to Texas DSHS/EMS, given back to Steve, and then donated to this organization.

I've been to the Texas EMS Conference a few times over the years and can say it's one of the best (and biggest) in the country. The last time I attended, there were around 40 vehicles and 4 helicopters on display inside.

Looks real nice! Someone spent a fortune restoring it, I am sure.

When it was originally in New Jersey, where did it serve?

Diamond

I had the privilege to visit Steve Diamond in Beaumont TX in the Mid 1980's He operated Diamond Ambulance Service in Beaumont and had a gathered wonderful Stable of approx 10 to 12 vintage ambulances, inc a 1952 superior ambulance, the Milwaukee FD No 1 Miller ambulance,a 1957 M/M Landau Combo. along with a retired Cape May NJ Hi-top. Great memories

Steve Loftin is right!

Steve is correct.........somewhere, I have a photo of this unit at the 1986 Tulsa Meet, painted yucky yellow, and used as a fire dept. chief's vehicle......

Back