Do's and Don'ts of owning a Funeral Coach

with the upcoming spring and summer driving season on our door step, I was wondering what are the Do's and Don'ts of owning a coach as in showing your car at a car show or criuse night.

I know about the "no Casket" rule but are there any other ones that PCS has and a "newbie" like myself should know

I want to show respect for the dead and not offend anyone.

Mike

DO: Show it proudly, as the specially-built vehicle it is. Maintain the professionalism for which it was intended by displaying it clean and detailed as though it were ready for a service.

DO: Display photos, copies of literature, build sheets, etc. so people can get an understanding of the "custom-built" nature of the car.

DO: Take time to visit wtih people. They'll have lots of questions that will range from intelligent to seemingly-ridiculous.

DO: Take along information about The Professional Car Society, your local chapter, and this forum community.

DON'T: Distract from the cars's elegance and uniqueness and the subsequent conversations that can arise, with the presence of mannequins, skulls, skeletons, etc. Basically anything that will create a "shock factor."

DON'T: Be tempted to run it over to the 1/4 mile to take on the Mustang and GTO fellas. That front-drive 4100 is no match for them! :poster_oops:

Disclaimer: These are my personal opinions only. The personal opinions of others will vary.

another don't

Another don't. Don't argue whether every hearse is or should be a Ghost Busters car. You will not win. All the converter wannabees think they are right.

I think if you follow Tony's advice you will be on solid ground when ever you display your coach.

Mike

Since Mike brought this up...I have a question that is somewhat related. Is there a place where I can get a hold of the society by-laws? I've been considering joining for a while but I'd like to read them before make a final decision.

DON'T Claim that your hearse or ambulance was ever used to transport the body of a U.S. President unless you want the skilled people of the Professional Car Society to prove you wrong!

Since Mike brought this up...I have a question that is somewhat related. Is there a place where I can get a hold of the society by-laws? I've been considering joining for a while but I'd like to read them before make a final decision.

don't want to ingnor this request. but I'm drawing a blank here on who to contack on this. the membership chairman is Jeff Hookway and you can contack him threw the mail box on this side.

Back