Fuse location - 66 Superior

My beacon on my 1966 Superior stopped working last night and I think it's a fuse or connection. Does anyone know if there is a fuse on this circuit and if so, where it is? The red indicator light next to the switch does't light up either. The other items on the control panel (Siren horn, brake and rear heat) all have fuses on the firewall. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 6617.jpg
    6617.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 448
Superior used a separate fuse block that was usually mounted under the dash, to the right of the transmission hump. The power wire to this fuse block comes off of the starter usually, and the wiring goes from the fuse block to the switch, then to the appliance. Also check for a good ground if you find that the fuse is good. I suggest getting a quality test light to check both sides of the fuse. Of those fuse holders that I have seen, they are well marked by Superior as to what each fuse controls. Also, don't put too large of a fuse into the fuse block, since it might not blow in time to protect the wiring. Fuses are designed to protect the wiring, not the appliance.

Then if you find a blowen fuse. You need to look for the reasion it blew. But i have to ask. Did the first switch get fliped. That is the master on that panel. Nothing on it should work with out it on.

Found it

I guess I should have looked closer. The fuse was on the firewall with the rear heat and fan and siren fuses. It was labeled "360 Light." I would have sworn they said "Siren Horn" and "Siren Brake."

Back