spare tire

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I got up to were I can now start placing a few things back in the car. went to put the spare back under the floor in the toolbox and discovered it no fit. now I know I got it out of here but I don't recall if the door was on of off. I remember the door catching the body as it still does on the filer piece. there was no mount behind the back seat and very questionable as to room. I'll know more today when we get the front seat in.

the question is does anyone know where the spare was to go in a 58 Eureka with the forward opening doors? I do know not all cars had a spare. but to get the storage lid to open up all the way I would have to cut a notch in the filler piece.

Attachments

• IMG_0605a.jpg
    IMG_0605a.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 327
boy with friends like these who could want for more. ;). I'm guessing my recourse is to grind a groove in the casting to allow the door to swing up all the way. the sawzall and a set of hinges might be in order. the spare is a original 890 us royel. I got the seat in and there is not any room of it there.

know I know there were a set of rusty hinges on this door fastened with one screw under the molding. and the door hit the casting then. Tom told me his 60 doesn't have any hinges. the door just lifts off and the side latches keep it in place. this make more sense to me. can't believe they would put out a product you can't use. so that's the way it is now the tire slides right in .

Attachments

• 2015-02-28 it fits.jpg
    2015-02-28 it fits.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 2015-02-28 and the lid closes.jpg
    2015-02-28 and the lid closes.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 235
Ed

Get out a scrub brush and some simple green and clean up that tire before putting it in there.

Always great watching your progress posts !

Darren

:thumbsup:

believe it our not we did do the tire foam on it. this tire still has the casting flashing on the tread. it has been under here a long time. but right now I'm waiting for the VA to get my shoulder fixed. Arthur came to visit and has refused to go home. making that chore a little more difficult. so that and no floor drain I'm holding off till spring .

Back