Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > Archived Craigslist Discussions

Archived Craigslist Discussions Archived posts This forum is for old Craigslist discussions that have all the pertinent information to the item, such as pictures and descriptions. It is closed for new thread and discussion posting.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Website Administration Committee's Avatar
Website Administration Committee Website Administration Committee is offline
Administrator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Posts to this thread have been deleted. It is the opinion of the Website Administration Committee that one of the deleted posts in this thread is consistent the definition of "trolling". This is the final warning to all members that this type of behavior will not be tolerated. Next time, the offenders will have their accounts permanently banned. This action will be taken for the benefit of all website members, to maintain harmony and fellowship.

Quote:
TROLLS!

A troll is a person who posts something which is bound to stir people up and then sits back and watches as dozens of people jump in and start arguing. Sometimes trolls get their friends to join in or post under different names. Generally they will do anything it takes to get attention. If you see a message like this, please refrain from replying to it, and REPORT it!

Trolls are sometimes deceitful and may be very subtle in insulting, intimidating, or inciting a person or persons for their own sadistic pleasure. They often pick their words very carefully and are therefore able to defend their masked attempts at creating unrest, often redirecting the blame onto the forum community and its failure to understand them properly.

Also considered to be Trolling:

Running a topic into the ground incessantly, as in “beating a dead horse”, and or dragging up an argument long after the original discussion has been put to rest.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Website Administration Committee For This Useful Post:
Daniel Scully (03-30-2014), James Fischer (03-30-2014), John ED Renstrom (03-31-2014), Kerry Bogard (04-13-2014), Kurt Halverson (03-30-2014), Kyle Martin (03-30-2014), Mark Goodwin - Deceased 1950 - 2016 (03-31-2014), Pat Post (03-30-2014), Robert Davidson (04-01-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 01:42 PM
PCS Member

Groaned at 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Restoration

I spoke to this fellow at length. He is very nice and apparently honest as he revealed most of the flaws but, the car is the typical salt-on-the-road pro-car. Doesn't run, rear bumper rust, MULTIPLE layers of paint Big-time body rust pulls this car off the shelf but, def. worthy a FULL restoration as it's at least a hi-top and complete down to nearly every cabinet /floor filled with ems goods. FYI: Having lived in FL. since 1957 anything that sits in a car port very long will be Mildew & Mold City. Even at 4500 there are better coaches out there for more money once you compute the comprehensive, costly restoration effort. Paint has gone WAY up recently and sometimes you're much better off spending more $$ upfront then trying to do a complete restoration on one of these old girls. I am looking for a vintage Ambulance /Hearse for display in the Museum and the Pontiac in Miami as well as the other one advertised on the east coast (not Richard V's)were really rough-rusty. Cars like this, actually FROM central FL., are pretty much rust-free (unless involved in a tide-rise Hurricane) but, remember many, many folks have now driven in & moved here from the 'Salt Belt' like this fellow. Hope my 2cents help another member.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kerry Bogard For This Useful Post:
Kyle Martin (05-09-2014)
Old 04-13-2014, 09:18 PM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 7,701 Times in 2,078 Posts
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Bogard View Post
... I am looking for a vintage Ambulance /Hearse for display in the Museum ...
What museum?
Old 04-13-2014, 11:03 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lichtman View Post
What museum?
http://www.classicdreamcars.com/THEMUSEUM.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Power For This Useful Post:
Steve Lichtman (04-14-2014)
Old 05-09-2014, 02:23 PM
PCS Member

Default I have personally inspected this car

On Monday I drove to Pasco County to meet "Paul" and check out this rig. I haven't even spent a penny on my '75 lifeliner in a long time and the last thing I need is another car. BUT being two hours away I thought it would be fun.
What I'm saying is my OPINION. Paul and Andrea met me at the car. Yes the exterior photos are right on- paint chipping off the fiber glass roof. Two dead batteries. He said no one has come see the car yet, but one person offered him $4,000 and he wouldn't take it. From what I could see of the interior, it's cleanable. There is damage in places to the "tin foil" interior. I couldn't even see the back of the car because of how its parked. Tomorrow I'm going back in my work clothes (or closest thing I have to such). I'm bringing two batteries, my Suburban, two sets of jumpers, and will get some gas if I need it. If you haven't seen Darrel "Badger's" listings, look at that post next. His Superior at the top of list is going for $1200. This is in the same ball park as this car. Paul got under the car with my camera and took some pictures. Not any worse than someone would expect. The front right door handle comes off in your hand when you go to open it. Paul said he could fix the engine but would raise the price. If we get the motor to turn over, this is what I'm going to tell him: I'd say its worth $1800. I might offer $2500 but I can't right now because I'm waiting to close on a storage building and have no place to put it now without increasing my rent. I will also tell him he's welcome to keep the car on the market. I think the car is nice and I like 71's a lot. If someone else buys it, then good for them and I hope I ethically saved them from spending too much.
I then found from a mutual friend that he has to get the car out of where it is right now within a few weeks. Yes the car needs to be saved....but so does my 75 Lifeliner which has been sitting for several months since we "blended in" the parts car last year. I will post a follow up tomorrow (Saturday) evening. The photos posted originally reveal most of the problems. I took a lot of pictures on Monday and I'll take more tomorrow. As others have said in this thread, I'd rather spend money on a finished product (if I had the money) like Richard's Lifeliner. If you have any specific comments, questions, or requests, please let me know by tonight (Friday). If you want to call me while I'm there (should be there around 11 to 1pm) my cell is 941-223-8682.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin Lynch For This Useful Post:
John ED Renstrom (05-09-2014), Russell Street (05-09-2014)
Old 05-09-2014, 10:23 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,355 Times in 6,061 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

Cars like the 63 out in WA and this one can't be confused with one you can get in and drive. The difference in value is about double. Cleaned up licensed and in running condition the car might bring good money were it is. But like this, all you know is it use to be a good running car a few years ago.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Website Member

Default just me but...

john ed is the king of resto and knows his business. my OWN formula is , decide what you think its worth then divide by 2 and then divide by 3 and your close. other words, if you value it at 15k, divide by 2 (7500) then divide by 3 (2500). that's always been my formula(?) to arrive at something close. BUT, were talking usual suspects here not a 39 caddy. it's what I use to get close. mind you this is for cars needing lots of work. less work, more up front. in case of a 59 anything, well get out the check book. there is a 59 superior here in town and I promised no info would ever be shared I f I ever want a shot at the car and its not restored but very original and sitting in a black f home's garage and I will pay for that car whatever I have tooo. the old lady who still owns everything wont let my friend sell it to me as it was the first new coach her husband (deceased) bought. one day, but my luck she will outlive me. and her son (went to school with him) who I will eventually get the car from, had triple bypass 2 months ago and I told him if he died before I get that car i'd haunt him forever. he thinks I was joking, I wasn't.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:35 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 14,355 Times in 6,061 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

everyone has some kind of yard stick. but the value changes by location also.
all the little stuff add up fast. no tittle, hasn't been run in 10 years, air cleaner off sitting in the back of the car or missing, car not under cover. but desirability trumps common sense every time. me I see a 59 I'm passing on that location right now. I know how deep my billfold is and were my desires lay. 71-2 MM or 72 CB low top ambulance now that might be a different story
Old 05-10-2014, 03:13 PM
PCS Member

Default I have inspected this car AGAIN

The car cranks (with both batteries being jumped) but does not start. This includes a spritz of starter fluid. We checked out the electricity...I asked for the headlights to be turned on and one came on. The seller then demonstrated the siren. So we know power get through.

I told him that overall I felt this car was worth $1800. I didn't get a chance to tell him I'd offer more. He told me I insulted him. So for those of you interested, he is sticking to $4500. I SUSPECT that this motor needs a lot. Sorry I got him upset, but hope that my visits shed some light on what this vehicle is like.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kevin Lynch For This Useful Post:
Jay Maynard (05-11-2014), Kyle Martin (05-10-2014), Richard Vyse (05-11-2014), Russell Street (05-10-2014)