Kingston 2000 video

Martin Harvey

PCS Member
While digging in few boxes I found my videotape of the International Meet of 2000 held in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. This meet was my first and I always remember it like if it was yesterday. I was 19 years old and feeled like a baby in a candy shop.

I made some cuts and kept the best of images, I filmed almost every cars there but the tape seems a little old. I kept 2 minutes of the LONG light and sound show! Enjoy, some of you folks were there!

Martin

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdDwaE2_Cik[/ame]

Thanks for posting this video Martin, we were there! There is a quick picture of our 1978 Lifeliner "brown & white" that now lives in Tampa with past-president Marty Schmeisser. That was a great running and driving ambulance, for sure! But it was great to see some familiar faces and cars too.

I wish you had more people to show us. As the years go by, the people will be what we will miss the most. Look at who we already lost and you cam imagine five, or ten years from now.

Thanks for posting this! Kingston was my first meet too and it was neat to be able to see a video of it. It was good to see familiar faces and that you caught John Keel doing what he did best. That made me smile. I had no idea that you got me on camera twice too. lol

funny it looked like all the meets, but the guys were a lot younger. nice to see Gene driving the 60. but you right it's the people that make the club. it might be about the cars but it's the people who make it

Great video

What a great video! Thanks....it was my first and only meet so far, but what a delight, and then I went out and got my own vehicle. Thankyou !

Dave

Well, here is the part 2!

The rest of the tape is in too bad shape to transfer it on youtube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yu1LXuPMMw[/ame]

Great videos Martin. I see that there were two white 67 Superiors at the meet, mine and the one with the red cross on the driver's door. If that second one is the one that I think it is, it was sent to the cusher a few years ago.

What fun to watch! Thank you very much Martin for sharing these videos with us all! I wish there was more, I am still looking for more familiar faces.

proof positive that vans have been at PCS meets since 2000. great old footage. what we need to do is put them on one place on u-tube so there is a place to post video of the meets. anyone could them and easily access them. or we could maybe have everyone label them the same then they would all come up in a easy search. something like PCS meet and the year. then all you would have to do is search for pcs meet and they all would come up.

what we need to do is put them on one place on u-tube so there is a place to post video of the meets. anyone could them and easily access them. or we could maybe have everyone label them the same then they would all come up in a easy search. something like PCS meet and the year. then all you would have to do is search for pcs meet and they all would come up.
The Ohio PCS has its own YouTube channel where we have videos from most international meets from 2001 onward.

http://www.youtube.com/ohiopcs

Back