Wire Straps...

Okay, I am at a loss here. I have searched high and low online and elsewhere, and I cannot find the wire straps in the size I need. I have found ones that are 2 3/4" long, BUT, I need ones that are 2" long. This is the measurement when the strap is OPEN. I have looked on clipsandfasteners.com, OPGI, USA auto parts, etc. The reason that I need ones such a specific size is shown in the pic below. The longer ones will not work, as the straps will be forced into the fins of the condenser. The space is tight and the 2" straps are what I need. I want to take them off the metal panel so I can paint it. When they are opened, they just break due to age, etc. If anyone knows where I can get these, please let me know. I need 8 straps total. Thanks.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 213
aveco has them but I have not ordered them. found them for you here they sell about everything in the aveco line. you looking at wire looms no clips.

Attachments

• clip link.jpg
    clip link.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 206
Click here.. ............ 2 1/4" long black nylon straps... $6.99 + 4.09 shipping.. Seller... Pageauto1

I will buy what you don't use. I can use them on my car also.. Paul

those are set for a double hole and they bridge the cable. shawn wanted the single hole that clips back to it's self

It is late, and I am tired.. they all look the same to my old eyes.. good night...

Thanks Ed, but the all the ones from the site you posted are all 2 3/4" long. I need 2" long ones. You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find these darn things. As much as I hate to do it, I guess I will try to tape around them and just leave them alone.

It is late, and I am tired.. they all look the same to my old eyes.. good night...

boy do I know that one. but I have never found a way to successfully put them back on. once that tab brakes off you HX. if the longer ones looked bad then wrap them around the wires once before locking them down. a lot of this older fastener stuff is getting really hard to come by. not enough demand for it and all this is out there is the outside edges that haven't been bought up yet. you can try restoration specialities or USA parts for them but those boys will get 2 bucks each for there stuff. take you 3 to 4 weeks to get it. the only other option is to drill one more hole and use some black zip ties and snip off the tongue.

Okay, thanks. I was afraid of that. It's this stupid little stuff that can drive one crazy trying to find. I guess it's all part of the fun, right?

Have you tried an electornic store like radio shack? Your pic looks a little like the clamps that are used in some electronic items to hold wires in place. Just an idea...may be a dumb idea.

Back