Thanks to Kevin O'Connell

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Thanks to my good friend Kevin O'Connell, the super rare and elusive Leece Neville alternator arrived today. I have been searching for a spare for almost a year now, to no avail. It is an exact copy of the original one on my car, and Kevin was even able to acquire a new regulator to go with this alternator. If the alternator or regulator should fail on me while on the way to Flint, I should be able to replace both in about an hour.

Paul's gonna have a spare steering wheel, spare carb, spare block, spare fenders and doors, etc., etc., just in case any of these need to be replaced in a hurry.

Pretty soon, he'll have enough spare parts to build another ambulance! :eek:

it sound more to me like he is towing a spare Pinner just in case. he got spare parts were I don't ever have parts. :D:eek:

This car is such an odd ball model that I have to have spares just in case something fails on the way. The fuel pump is 1959 - 1963 only, and the alternator and regulator are from the dinosaur era, so there will be no fixing it in a hurry if it fails. These items are the type that can strand you if they fail, since replacements are not readily available. I guess that I could always trailer the car, and not worry about a mechanical failure, but that takes the all the fun out of having an old car.

Parts for the road

Nice to get the extra parts for the road trip, but tell us are you and Richard renting one of those storage pods once you get to Flint to stow away the small auto jobber shop you two are carrying with you:confused:

Hope you have a good trip and a great time there:D

Happy To Help!

I'm glad this story had a happy ending. At first it didn't look too promising- my source told me he had scrapped everything from that era 18 months ago because the Chinese were paying crazy high prices for metal. The next time I saw him he said, "Oh yeah, I dug a couple out after I talked to ya".

Paul gets credit for going to great lengths to keep his car original. I'd have been tempted to try something more easily procured. I'm eagerly anticipating seeing the Pinner in Flint!

Back