Headliner Zipper Question

Mark Jordan

PCS Member
After working on one of my roof beacons, I managed to break the zipper in the patient compartment. It is 39 inches long and runs side to side. Is there any way to replace without having to remove the entire headliner as it appears to be a single piece of material? Thanks.:confused::confused:

depends on how good a seamstress you are. it would have be done by hand. depending on how you broke it in may be able to be repaired but usually the cloth is rotten and your out of luck. the bad news is the whole headliner in the combo normal what your looking at. but there were some that were two piece. seen the safety pin thing and some inventive use of Velcro. but the only easy way is to remove the old and sew in the new is by hand. use up all those packets of dental floss you get given.

but what ever you do stand on the man and get the big brass zipper. they are the most expensive but the only one that looks right.

Thanks, John.
The zipper had some missing teeth and when I tried to close it, it pulled apart. Would you know where to get the brass zipper you mentioned? I would like to get an estimate at some local custom upholstery places in the area as well.

The large tooth brass zippers can be gotten by the auto upholstery shops, since they are used in the rear windows of convertibles. Sometimes it is more difficult to find the white zippers, but they are out there with some looking. Search for brass zipper suppliers.

Back