Q2 pic

$16.25 option in Federal's May, 1973 Siren Price List. Rear only, of course. Saw a picture recently. Didn't have sense enough to take a picture, of course.

Steve is right. Federal didn't offer a front end light for the Q. However, in the late 50s and early 60s, Thomas Funeral Home here in Midland put big red truck "stop" lights in the front of their Qs. They took out the "F" part of the grille and then mounted the light to the grill. Unlike a lot of lighted sirens I've seen, this setup didn't muffle the sound of the siren. Thomas ran this setup on three of their ambulances: a '56 Ford sedan-delivery; a '57 Plymouth wagon and a '60 Ford sedan-delivery. The '60 Ford replaced the '56 Ford and was the first ambulance in these parts to sport twin red 17 beacons on the front corners. The only other warning lights were a pair of red 6" Unity lights mounted on the front cowl.

This is the first time I've spotted this forum, along with this thread. Neat!

i need any type of lights

does any body have any lights they can help me with,i dont need beacons,unless they are the correct ones that fit all four corners, i can put lights on the rear and i have the original beacon for the top,and the person who buys the car can finish correctly but i would like to put two rear lights on top that look ok then change later,i think the look good with rear lights,and i was bidding on two on ebay,and i should have bidded anything,because the would have looked ok for now ,now i have nothing and it lookes like sh@@,so if anybody can please help,i am out of places to look please help thanks brian 917-499-9994 and if should be posted some where else please move for me thanks again:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::):)

lights,lights,lights

THANKS EVERYBODY,AND PLEASE KEEP TRYING,I KNOW SOMEBODY HAS SOMETHING SOMEWHERE,ILL TRY ALMOST ANYTHING AS LONG AS IT LOOKS GOOD,I WANT TO PAINT IT FINISH IT AND DONT WANT TO COVER LIGHT WIRES,WE CAN ALWAYS CHANGE LATER,THANKS AGAIN BRIAN 917-499-9994:):):):D:D:thumbsup:

Back