End of a Era Doug Scott

Good Man

Doug was a good man to deal with. His word and hand shake was his bond. Years ago I bought a 70's Oldsmobile Combination (as-is) Car from him. On the way back to San Diego the original motor threw a rod. I had it flat beaded back to our yard and (casually) mentioned it to him a week or so later (assuming that I would be responsible). He asked me for the bills to replace the motor and promptly sent me a reimbursement check for 100% of the amount. MM

I bought my first coach from Doug in 1991.
Back before the days of the interwebs, Doug sent me an envelope full of pictures he had taken from the top of the well known parking deck.
Honest description, solid coach. Had it shipped from CA to FL.
Thanks, Doug, for making my first experience a great one.

1970 Superior Crown Royale 3-way Landaulet
mbvl6xE.jpg

I never had the pleasure of buying a car from Doug, but I missed a 66 Superior combination by a heartbeat. I always heard good things from people who bought cars from him. Doug was a guy that gave used car dealers somebody to aspire to be like. I say this in a very respectful way.

Great guy!

The first coach I ever bought sight unseen was from Doug. That was in 1991. It was a white 1968 C/B Oldsmobile. When it arrived in Indiana in February it was covered in salt and dirt. The white coach looked awful. I started it up and it had loud exhaust. Food wrappers inside and the gas gauge was on empty. I took it home and washed it up. It looked good after a bath. Doug called that night asking how I liked the car. I said it looks really good after I got all the dirt and grime off of it. I told him my next choir was to clean the interior and take it to the exhaust shop. He asked why? I said well someone spilled french fries and salt all over the seat and carpet it has loud exhaust. He stated he would of never sent a coach out in that condition. He insisted I take the Oldsmobile and have it detailed and then to the exhaust shop and send him the bill. Well, I cleaned the interior myself and the exhaust repair was under $100.00 dollars so I didn't worry about it. He called up a week later wanting to know what the bill was; I explained I just took care of it myself. He asked how much did it cost. I said not much. A week later a check from him for $250.00 came in the mail along with a letter. He explained that he wanted to make sure I was happy with everything and if this wasn't enough please let him know. It was more than enough and I bought another coach from him as a result.

Back