Beautiful, garage find, all original 1966 Olds 98 with only 6,748 original miles

Abe Bush

PCS Member
ALREADY SOLD...

But man is she a beauty.

*** 1966 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight ****6,748 ACTUAL MILES*** This "Time capsule" has not been licensed since 1968. Yes, that has been not on the road for 50 years. 6748 actual miles. Original from bumper to bumper. Never been touched up anywhere. Yes, this car is sitting on the original tires that are almost perfect. Exactly as it was from the assembly line. This is a "once in a lifetime" chance to own such an original survivor as this. No dings, no smells, no fading. Just as you dream of finding. We can say with much confidence that there are none left so original. Only the battery and some exhaust have been replaced. But, they are the items that never last on any vehicle. Loaded with options like climate control air conditioning, power windows, power seat, power door locks, tilt wheel, telescopic steering wheel, cruise control, power trunk release, power rear mounted antenna, power steering, power brakes, courtesy lights, floor mats, and map light. Stunning engine compartment hosts an incredible treasure of originality. 425 cubic inch V/8 motor. Untouched Rochester carburetor. Original fan belts with the correct date codes and part numbers, original hoses, original spark plug wires, original battery cables. You won't believe your eyes. People through around the terms barn find, survivor, original, museum, stunning around way too much. Beautiful GM car! This car does those terms justice. This car is for the true collector who only accepts the very best in his collection. Want to be the person who has the best original example in existence? You are one phone call away.

https://youtu.be/oAEuJ3q26DQ - video of vehicle- copy and paste to browser

Need more info you can call - 763-355-5511 more pics at www.drukautosales.com

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Beautiful vehicle that brings back a plethora of memories. My Dad had one of these but, it was a four-door hardtop. Magnificent motor car.

Ever think why when this kind of thing popes up. They either are a strange color combination like this one or strange power set up or a striper. It's like boy did we make a mistake lets hide it out in the barn.

What is strange about this car? They checked ever possible box when they ordered this one! I have always loved white cars with a contrasting vinyl top.

My Dad bought a new white '76 New Yorker 2-door hardtop in 1976 that had a Kelly Green vinyl top with white leather seats and door panels.... and Kelly Green dash and carpet! God I loved that car! It was kind of a freak in that it had nearly every available option......... except tilt/tele steering wheel! By 1976, the true 2-door hardtop Mopars were a real rarity as most of the large cars were using the St. Regis styling on the 2-doors.

To each there own but black over white with a solad black interier. Is one i would pass on when new. Let alone 50 years later.

To each there own but black over white with a solad black interier. Is one i would pass on when new. Let alone 50 years later.

Ed I believe it has a dark blue interior and top. This baby was fully loaded, down to the power antenna for that hi-fi AM radio! How many convertibles with factory A/C were running around in 1966? I’m guessing not too many.

My aunt and uncle won the winning bid on a 1966 Dynamic 88 Olds at an estate sale when I was a kid, it was already an old car back then but it had very few miles, had been well taken care of since new, and looked like a new car when they got it. I’ve ridden it many times as a pre-teen but I adored that old car. Its interior was similar to this Ninety Eight’s, but not nearly as sumptuous. While it lacked that aircraft inspired steering wheel and most of the bells and whistles, it still had plenty of goodies... including lots of shiny metal, a HUGE steering wheel that you could steer with your pinky, and an ultra high tech buzzer that you could set to go off when you hit a pre-selected speed on that huge round speedo. I’ll never forget sitting on those hot vinyl seats on a warm summer day when wearing shorts and neglecting to throw a towel down first!

When I was married in 1966 I was driving a 66 Cadillac convertible, red, white top, White leather interior with black carpet. I gave my bride for a wedding present a 1966 Cadillac Convertible, white, black top, black leather interior with black carpet the car had 900 miles on it and I rebuilt it from an under hood fire. All this is only to comment on the Olds,both the Cadillacs had AC. Her car cause of the black was HOT took the AC a time to cool it down from being parked with the windows up at her job my car with the white was way cooler and cooled down faster. So I vote with Ed the Olds with the black,black, white not my choice either just too hot. Takes my triple black six door forever to cool down even with the double AC.

The black fabric inserts would not be as hot as sitting on black vinyl or leather though. I love it, but I would much prefer a '67 98 LS!

Am i lost here again i looked at the pictures posted i see a 2 door hard top. I love those big olds have two right now. Had a 67 88 conv for a long time I don't like this color combination. i will pass on it. Nothing worse the walking out to something you don't like every morning.

It is a Holiday Coupe/2-door hardtop with a black vinyl top and black cloth & vinyl interior. Thank God we all have different interests when it comes to cars! As for me, I could walk past '64 Chevys all day long without stopping to look at one of them. There's an @$$ for every seat!

Last edited:
It is a Holiday Coupe/2-door hardtop with a black vinyl top and black cloth & vinyl interior. Thank God we all have different interests when it comes to cars! As for me, I could walk past '64 Chevys all day long without stopping to look at one of them. There's an @$$ for every seat!

OMG I definitely stand corrected, I'm not sure why I was thinking this is a convertible when it is most obviously not. I must have been lovestruck, and missed that minor detail. :eek:

Sorry Ed, and thanks for catching that Kurt!

Back