FOR SALE: 1966 Cadillac-Superior hightop ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.
1966 Cadillac - Superior "Royale Rescuer" hightop 51" ambulance. 62,000 original miles, 429 engine, runs & drives excellent. All new brakes, new dual exhaust, new radiator, new battery. Selling in stock configuration with original wheels, whitewalls, and hubcaps.
Included is a N.O.S. set of perfect front bumper ends, all the equipment, floor gurney, hanging gurney, fold-up backboard, Federal "hill light" beacon (sorry, don't remember the exact model #), Federal Q2 siren, heavy-duty alternator, and anything else i've aquired for it over the last year & a half. Passenger front fender has a dent behind the tire (like that when I bought it) but did buy a good replacement fender that goes with it too thats very nice.
Dependable? I'd drive this ambulance anywhere and you all know more than anyone it does get driven alot. It is a true pleasure to drive & very dependable. Awesome on long trips!
All the emergency lights & beacon work 100%, siren is on a foot button switch & works perfectly. Red high beams flash opposite of bullet lights for a neat effect. 2 attendant's seats & cabinets all there & not torn up. Set up for dual oxygen tanks but haven't bought display tanks for it.
This ambulance retains the original paint & lettering from when in service. Miamitown, Ohio fire bought it new and it served it's entire service there. It's far from perfect & needs some restoration, but after looking aince 2006 i've never seen one as nice & complete for this kind of money. Clear Ohio title in my name and ready to drive home today, no need to haul it.

Price is $8,000 FIRM. Please don't reply here, forum rules are to PM all replies.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

Say it isn't so! Oh, well, I hope that this solid vehicle upon which you've lavished so much attention (and money), gets a new and deserving home. Lots of luck selling her.

Having bought a car from Dwayne before, you couldn't ask for a better person to deal with. His prices are more than fare, and he is more than honest. I have seen this car in person also, and I personally think this would make someone a great car, and is well worth the money. I happen to know that Dwayne drives this car a lot, and has told me many many times that he wouldn't think twice about jumping in it and driving it anywhere. Good luck Dwayne, hope someone here will step up and buy her.

Josh

To answer some questions received:

1. The siren does have a brake and it works, the brake button is on the dash accessory switch panel.

2. There is a 2nd accessory switch panel in the back, beside the attendant seat that faces forward.

3. Both spotlights function 100%.

4. I have the original roof vent/fan it's stored under the floor presently (not installed - there's a lexan piece sealing the hole) I believe the fan motor inside it is missing.

5. Both fender skirts mount & remove as they should.

6. It does have a trailer hitch & wiring, but it's design is one I wouldn't put much faith in to pull a larger trailer.

7. No reason to complain about the front bumper! Listed in the ad is a new N.O.S. set of bumper ends. I know it looks terrible with the rust holes in the corner of the bumper... the NEW set is perfect (and VERY expensive to buy).

8. Yes, i'll sell it with the new mags & white letter tires... but not for $8K

9. All the gauges work and there's an amp gauge in the dash switch panel. Temperature gauge under the dash (aftermarket).

Dwayne

Today on the drive I took, we were stopped in a cemetery and a EMS ambulance stopped and a guy jumped out. He walked over to the car and said he has always wanted a ambulance like this car.

I told him about your car for sale and told him that the 8000.00 was a deal.
I gave him a card and told him to contact me if he wanted more info.

Not sure he will call but I was doing my part to help you out and promote the PCS.

I hope you have found something else to replace it if you do sell it off.

Take it easy,
Darren

Sale pending...

I was going to buy the ambulance, but the money picture at home is a little too tight for me right now and I have to pass. As some of you may know, I have has "Superior dreams" for quite a long time. The dream will have to be someone else's, now. I must say that I do not go back on my word very often and to do it publicly, is quite embarassing.
I sure hope this beauty will find a good home, right here in the PCS.

Thank you Bill it's no problem at all, don't be embarassed. You're a stand-up guy to go public on here saying you now have to pass on it.

As Bill said, cancel that notice... it's still for sale

Sale Pending?

Is it still pending because I am digging in the couch looking for some money that might have fell out of my pocket? Oh and by the way if Josh is buying the car I will just buy it now from him before he drives it clear back to Kentucky because you know it will be up for sale next week if he did and this will save me a lot of time and gas money.

You need to count your pennies faster Ron...

Another sale pending this afternoon, will keep you all posted.

Thanks for the overwhelming interest in old Miamitown!

Is it still pending because I am digging in the couch looking for some money that might have fell out of my pocket? Oh and by the way if Josh is buying the car I will just buy it now from him before he drives it clear back to Kentucky because you know it will be up for sale next week if he did and this will save me a lot of time and gas money.
Its not me, I'm passing on this one just so you can get it. The next car I get I plan on keeping for a very long time. Might even wait 2 weeks on the next one.

Josh

Darn I thougt I was going to get a shot at the seville so Ron could get this big boys toy. keep us informed hope she goes to a good home.

The ambulance is sold & paid for, it's headed south Friday or Saturday. The new owner has the honors of announcing his purchase...

Thank you for all the interest, it has been overwhelming to say the least!

Is the buyer a PCS Member, and if not, will you be giving him a 1 year membership as a purchase present? thanks Paul

66 Superior

I picked up Dwayne's Superior for an associate of mine who has been watching my Criterion restoration project with great envy.
The unit will be headed to a new home in Dallas where it will get a paint job and some restoration work.
I would expect we will see that vehicle as a historic display at some of the EMS shows in the Southwest once he gets it done. We'll see if we can sign up the new owner as a PCS member.

I wish the new owner of that gorgeous piece of art and history many happy miles! I am glad it will be in a good home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back