Some recent finds

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
Found these while touring around in the last few weeks. I'm still checking to see what may be for sale (whole or parts). I know that the '55 Superior hearse is not for sale.

Attachments

• P1090941.jpg
    P1090941.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 675
  • P1090996.jpg
    P1090996.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 584
  • P1100002.jpg
    P1100002.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 825
  • P1100027.jpg
    P1100027.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 546
  • P1100042.jpg
    P1100042.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 555
  • P1100054.jpg
    P1100054.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 565
I know a man that want that top band off that superior high top and I need the bumper off that 58. you making me drool

Some are in Canada...some are in the US (but close to me). I'm sure I can get the top band off the Superior. I'll see about the bumper off the '57. He may also have the front bumper available.

If the '61 C/B fromt fenders look different, it's because he swapped them off another car. Also swapped the automatic transmission over. I'll post those pics in a few days.

Last edited:
Some are in Canada...some are in the US (but close to me). I'm sure I can get the top band off the Superior. I'll see about the bumper off the '57. He may also have the front bumper available.

If the '61 C/B fromt fenders look different, it's because he swapped them off another car. Also swapped the automatic transmission over. I'll post those pics in a few days.

Man Bill, you're getting as good as Attila on these scrap yard finds! Thanks for the memories!!

Meaning you can't tell the difference between '57 and '58 fins Ed? :yankchain:

Coach builders used unique bumper steps. Bumper, guards, and ends are the same between the two years. Only item that changed is bumper end insert; '57 is solid, '58 has exhaust cut out.

dsc01207q.jpg

Paging Adam Borkat... is this an Abbot & Hast conversion?
Good catch Dwayne! I'm pretty sure it is, but honestly, by the mid-'70's, the Abbott & Hast conversions started looking pretty generic and like everyone else's who were jumping on the cheap conversion bandwagon. From this angle, I would definitely say it looks like one from the partial vinyl top beginning at the C-pillars (known as their "Cabriolet style") and by the shape, size, and position of the landau bars. The only coachbuilder id that I know of on these is a dash sticker A&H used.

Bill,
Did you happen to get a rear shot of the coach or a close-up of the landau bars?

Photo of a 1976 Abbott & Hast Ford LTD for comparison:

Attachments

• 1976 Abbott & Hast Ford LTD.JPG
    1976 Abbott & Hast Ford LTD.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 339
Meaning you can't tell the difference between '57 and '58 fins Ed? :yankchain:

Coach builders used unique bumper steps. Bumper, guards, and ends are the same between the two years. Only item that changed is bumper end insert; '57 is solid, '58 has exhaust cut out.

dsc01207q.jpg

glad to know that if the ends are the same that's all I need to know. never being a caddy man I never stoped to study the difference in the years at a glance. I'm luckly to know what I'm working on at anygiven time. now a real car say a oldsmobile that I can tell.

Just got an email from Bill with more pictures, and wanted to follow up on this post. That late '70's Mercury wagon conversion is in fact an Abbott and Hast. A close up of the landau bars and window curtains give it away. Those are the unique A&H landau bars, and the car still has the original sunburst curtains with rosettes in it (which are missing in mine). Anyone know the year? I can't tell the difference between a '77 and '78....

The '62 C/B

Here are some additional pictures of the '61 C/B. As you can see there's been a bit of a change-out.

Attachments

• P1100057.jpg
    P1100057.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 184
  • P1100058.jpg
    P1100058.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 189
  • P1100059.jpg
    P1100059.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 184
That C/B Olds appears to have Buick door trim panels on the right front door. Or am I seeing things? That diesn't look like Olds or C/B trim in this car. Can't imagine either manufacturer mixing blues and reds like that.

Back