M-M 3-way electric table

Randy Bright

PCS Member
I have an electric 3-way table in a 1967 M-M. It works great except that it will only go out the back of the car and and the driver's side. The control in the "Y" of the track will not release and shift to the passenger side.

Also, I need to take the table out of the car to replace the faded fabric underneath. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Randy Bright

Table

The panels that cover the track come up easily to recover, the mechanism is a interesting mix of mechanical and electrical , I would chk on the connections first and go from there. These pics are from a 83 Superior but they all are similar in function . There is a large Allen bolt that is under a plug in the table once that is removed the table can be pulled out. The tables are friggin heavy have help. :eek:

Attachments

• DSC03938.jpg
    DSC03938.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC03939.jpg
    DSC03939.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC03626.jpg
    DSC03626.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC03599.jpg
    DSC03599.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC03603.jpg
    DSC03603.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 119
Thanks Daniel. The problem seems to be the manual lever on the driver's side that will not redirect the latch to the closed position so that the lever on the passenger side can open and let the table go to the passenger side. Actually, the lever on the driver's side will not move. It did when I got the car. When the lever was in the up position, it activated the electrical panel on the driver's side and allowed the table to go out the driver's side. When the table was back in the center of the car and the lever was pushed down, it deactivated the electrical panel and seemed to lock the table in place. Now it will not go down. It appears that something at the "Y" is preventing the movement but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Back