Name Plates

My 63 Cadillac came with one nameplate, bearing the name S&S Ambulance Service. My intentions are to keep the car as original as possible, therefore I will send them the nameplate to have it reproduced. I had initially wanted to use my name on the car but I have since changed my mind.

I just compared the prices from this company to what I paid to a funeral supply house in Ontario for the signs in my 1968 Superior. I got RIPPED OFF! :thumbsdown:

I wish I had known about PCS sooner! Oh, well. The consolation is that I will save considerable money on the signs for the Criterion, thanks to PCS. :D

Doug, I'm sorry you got ripped off by the other supplier, before you knew about us. But that's what we're here for. :thumbsup:

Worst part is, I'll bet the funeral supplier gets their signs from NU, so the difference you paid was the mark-up of the supplier. :thumbsdown:

By the way, the guy from Names Unlimited is very pleasant to work with. He has a great memory for names (better than mine, I can't remember his name). When the deadline was coming down to the wire for one of my signs to be in the car for an International Meet, he was more than willing to have the signs shipped to me at the meet hotel, where they arrived right on time! And they fit, too.

(Too bad he doesn't do bumpers...)

I just compared the prices from this company to what I paid to a funeral supply house in Ontario for the signs in my 1968 Superior. I got RIPPED OFF! :thumbsdown:

I wish I had known about PCS sooner! Oh, well. The consolation is that I will save considerable money on the signs for the Criterion, thanks to PCS. :D

As American Express advertises.......... "Membership has its advantages."

I ordered a "Pinner Coach" window sign from Tom and it looks identical to the original that is pictured in the factory photo of my car. You don't need to send him your original, but a picture along with the dimensions, and he will do the rest. He is very friendly and will help you any way possible.

I've been treated great by Tom and his staff everytime! I think at one time they didn't deal with people other than funeral homes and funeral supply houses but now the PCS is a big part of the buisness he gets in! He has great products and has fast turn around too! He can even restore old name plates as well! The funeral supply houses mark up the plates as much as 50% :eek: from what I've been told. So if ya buy a set of plates fro Tom for say $120.00 (about what I gave for my last set) a funeral supply house will charge you $180.00+ for a set at least. If not a whole lot more. I've even heard of one supply house charging about $95.00 per plate for a plate with 2 inch lettering:eek:!

I've been treated great by Tom and his staff everytime! I think at one time they didn't deal with people other than funeral homes and funeral supply houses but now the PCS is a big part of the buisness he gets in! He has great products and has fast turn around too! He can even restore old name plates as well! The funeral supply houses mark up the plates as much as 50% :eek: from what I've been told. So if ya buy a set of plates fro Tom for say $120.00 (about what I gave for my last set) a funeral supply house will charge you $180.00+ for a set at least. If not a whole lot more. I've even heard of one supply house charging about $95.00 per plate for a plate with 2 inch lettering:eek:!

Not sure what everyone else paid but my plates: 73 LIFELINER in 4 inch letters and I bought 4 plates, were $100 each plus plus. I got mine through Kelco Funeral Supply.

Richard

Back