1973 Cadillac Superior Hearse 3 way

1973 Cadillac Superior Hearse 3 way You are bidding on a 1973 Cadillac SUPERIOR Hearse. (Superior was not an option on ebay's predetermined model list) This hearse is a very desired 3 way model, which allows for a casket to be loaded out either side of the hearse as well as the back door.

Right now, the hearse doesn't run. The carb may need cleaning and the gas tank drained and fresh gas put in. It needs leaf springs too, and will not be able to be driven without them. It also needs a new muffler. The hearse is in rough shape, with some crunchy rust spots around the edges and in the bumper. The windshield is cracked, there are a couple of pieces of trim missing, but it still presents itself well, despite the things that need to be repaired. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Cadil...967722?hash=item4b60c36e6a:g:lOMAAOSwDp5cfZwh

Do the math, and before you have it back on the road, it will probably cost you the opening bid. If the seller would get it running, and fix all the problems he is more likely to get someone interested. To me, this is someone that has already figured out what all this work is going to cost, and knows that the car isn't going to be that much more valuable once it is done. Bottom of the rear door appears to have rust, as well as the bottom of the rear of the left quarter. Poor quality pictures make it difficult to determine the true condition of the body, and the little that you can see of the engine compartment, it also appears to have rust. Springs on these cars rarely go bad on both sides, and I wonder if the frame is also rusted at the spring shackles. If so, then the car is going to need a lot more work than just replacing the springs themselves. Last time that I priced a pair of HD springs, the cost was just under $1000!

or they have no idea. the pictures of the car show it sitting square with the center of the axle right on the lip of the skirt. the other side is missing the skirt and wheel cover. but if you wanted a 3 way it might be worth the trip out to look at it. sounds to me like it has been sitting a long time.

Back