CC three rivet rim oddity

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
I found this rim under the 3way table in my 1960 Cadillac S/S Victoria hearse that I bought last year.

It has a 5 bolt - 5" bolt pattern.
It has a star type pattern in the bolt circle.
The rivets are on the inside of the rim, not the hub cap side.
It has the 4 spaces between the center and rim.
4 sets of 3 rivets.

Everything similar to the Cadillac Commercial Chassis rims...
except the Ford script stamp on the front/hub cap side !

Anyone ever seen anything like this before ?

Post your experiences and thoughts on it.

Thanks,
Darren

Attachments

• DSCI3854 (640x480).jpg
    DSCI3854 (640x480).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 366
  • DSCI3855 (640x480).jpg
    DSCI3855 (640x480).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 339
  • DSCI3856 (640x480).jpg
    DSCI3856 (640x480).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 346
This looks like a 1964-1973 Ford (FoMoCo) truck rim for 1/2 ton truck. The rim might fit your Caddy. some Ford rims would fit Chevy or vise versa, I don't remember which one had the larger center hole.

Just a guess, but I'd say Lincoln commercial chassis rim. Most Ford car bolt patterns were 5 on 4.5, and most Ford truck were 5 on 5.5, at least the ones I know of. Every manufacturer has their vehicles with odd bolt patterns, but I know from rear end shopping that certain Lincolns used a Ford 9" rear end with the 5 on 5 bolt pattern, just like Chevy trucks.

'76 CC rim

I took photos of my '76 CC rim when it was off my '76 S&S Victoria, posting a couple here just for comparison. Tom

Attachments

• DSC_0053.jpg
    DSC_0053.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 500
  • DSC_0054.jpg
    DSC_0054.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 481
  • DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 323
centers is way different then the GM wheel as is the off set. I'll buy the Lincoln wheel but it's definitely not a disk brake wheel. if it's stamped ford it's built by or for ford. but GM was not agents borowing from suplyers that made parts for ford. one example is the 3 speed Borg warner tranmission in the big block olds in 67. it's stamp ford on the side. never seen them borrow a wheel thought. some one damaged one and got a used one that fit the center hole and stud spacing for a spair. sounds like a plan to me.

After reading the different spacing sizes I double checked and it is a 5 - 5.5"

I guess I just assumed it was 5-5" as it was in the spare tire area when I got the hearse.

The tire is a 235-75-15 so that would have been OK.

The tire & rim is of no use to me. If anyone wants it for FREE I can even deliver it for FREE to the mirco-meet this week-end.

Let me know and its yours.
Darren

that answer that question. not a lot of sense in carrying one you can't use. the tire will make a good spare I would hang on to it and give the wheel to some one with a ford pickup.

Darren, if you're serious about giving it away for free and delivering it to the micro meet, I could use it, as I have Lincoln and Mercury based coaches.

Patrick

It's yours ! Tire and rim.

I will bring it and deliver it to the Micro-Meet all for FREE.
I dig helping my friends in the PCS out anyway I can.

It will be there,
Darren

Back