WANTED - Check valve connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
I am looking for a check valve connector for my 1967 Pontiac Bonneville. The engine is 400 4 Bbl engine. This is the rubber grommet that holds the check valve to the push rod cover assembly (1967 Pontiac Service Manual Page 6D-1).

Any suggestions where I could find such an item?

I am looking for a check valve connector for my 1967 Pontiac Bonneville. The engine is 400 4 Bbl engine. This is the rubber grommet that holds the check valve to the push rod cover assembly (1967 Pontiac Service Manual Page 6D-1).

Any suggestions where I could find such an item?

From your description, the only thing that I can figure out is that you are looking for the rubber grommet that holds the (positive crankcase ventilation ) PCV valve into the valve cover... Is this correct.. I don't have a 1967 Pontiac service manual, but I do have the 1968 manual.. Possibly you can take a picture of the service manual picture and post it??? This part is fairly universal having been used from about 1960 through about 1995... Does it look like any pictured below????thanks Paul

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 112.jpg
    112.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 120
Dorman has them new .
http://www.dormanproducts.com/ most parts stores hand there products but they are labeled in different brand names. Help is one the market a lot in. if it's the grommet that holds the check valve in the brake booster you need that should be there to.

I know that my 73's 472 has a 90 degree rubber elbow for the PVC/check valve and I just bought a new one at autozone a few weeks back for a couple bucks I think.

Here is a scan of the page from the Pontiac Shop Manual.

picture.php

See the pictures in my original post.. This is what I had guessed that you wanted. Take the manual to your local auto parts store.... point to the part in the picture and ask them for one.. Shouldn't be hard to find, since it was used for many many years...

Here are the GM Part Numbers you need:

#6461972 - PCV Valve
#5646418 - PCV Valve Grommet

I believe both of these still should be available thru your GM Dealer.

Hope this helps,
Aaron

Thanks Aaron.

The GM dealer could not help me, but the folks at UAP were able to order the valve. They said that they have all sorts of grommets and we should be able to find one when I go pick it up tomorrow.

they can cross the gm number with there replacement. Dorman makes most of them and most likely supplied Gm with there's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back