1976 Miller-Meteor Classic Limousine

Keith Snyder

PCS Member
Here's a nice-looking 1976 Miller-Meteor Classic Limousine straight end-loading funeral car for sale by Doug Scott. I've heard soem really good things about this seller from a number of people who have dealt with him. He is honest and open about his cars. This would make a nice car for a PCS member looking for something a little different.

http://funeralcars.com/InvntryFS/CarH700/CarH700.html

Doug Scott

We have only purchased (1) car from him over the years, a 1967 CB-Olds 98 Combination Car he took on trade for a newer coach from a small funeral home in the one of the Dakotas. On that unit, after 1st checking the water and oil and test driving around his facility, we drove it home at freeway speeds and with no warning it "threw a rod" about 75 miles in to the 100 mile trip. Because we had bought it "as-is", we had it flat beaded the rest of the way home and replaced the engine as it was a very pristine original, one owner car. A few weeks later he found out from another local PCS Member what had happened. He immediately called me up and asked for a faxed copy of the parts and labor. With no other discussion, about a week later we received a check from him for the full amount, so he is a VERY honorable man. I know other PCS Members who have purchased dozens of cars from him including a couple that were shipped overseas also with no issues. I know he does a lot of "upgrade trade-in's" with small funeral homes all over the country as the rig advertised was probably from? He always has them trucked in and out with no long distance drives. I would highly recommend him to anyone.... not that many "hand shake is your bond" car dealers left in the world! MM

That is a great story Mike, Doug has a real good reputation. I almost bought a car from him once and I have always been sorry that I didn't.

As for the hearse in this thread, it looks like a nice one!

I spent an afternoon looking over his inventory several years ago. I found Doug to be quite pleasant and honest. He doesnt sell crap and spends quite a bit making his cars ready to go back in service. If its not up to par, he tells it as such. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him.

Back