Package deal

Michael Mykulak

PCS Member
I am offering a package deal on any of the three cars I have for sale. Both Cadillac's or a Cadillac and Lincoln. best reasonable offer. I have a must sell issue needs to be resolved. PM for Best offers.

Going once!

Any two of my three cars for 17K, excluding parts. The parts package stock has a brand new 26 cot that Nicholas Studer traded me, plus cash for a two inch narrower 26 cot. He drove through one of the worst snow storms from Texas to Minnesota and right back to Texas to trade for the original 26 that was in his Chrysler Pinner he got from Paul. A brand new windshield, two sets of limousine glass and corner glass. One set tinted for a crown, one set untinted for a Sovereign. A Crown headliner from a 1965 parts car can be seen in the parts for sale. A set of wire wheel covers also can be seen in the parts for sale. So many other very nice items cherry picked over 8 years in the PCS. Spindles from Dan Scully for spares for front suspension. Yes, easily 5K for the parts package alone. Well you know some of the things they say, some good deals only come around once in a lifetime, and what Forrest's mama told him and should of, could of would of, etc. I do have some of the best of the best parts assembled.

Still thinking about it?

Okay, well make me an offer on the two 1969 coach's. Do you like Lincolns? Lots of Lincolns out there according to a member here. Sure are I have checked and gone to look at some of them. Surprise, surprise,surprise, just like Gomer Pyle would say and they are just that, piles that photograph so well. Bundle the Lincoln with a Cadillac I am happy to keep any one of these beauty's because they are three of the nicest vehicles I have ever owned. Even the Sovereign with the rat rod painted roof, gets enough attention I have to plan extra time into buying gas because someone always wants to talk about the coach at the gas station.

Dear John Ed,

Some sharp cars here
Okay, I should admit that you are one of the best old guy friends, I have ever met! Your Welcome! Hurts my feelings that people do not appreciate your professional opinion about what you think of our cars. Certainly odd that most of the time otherwise, people are complimenting your skills to the degree that might get a bit embarrassing, but hey, it is what it is and you are gifted when it comes to making art from an old rusted piece of iron. Well I hope some body reads what you wrote here about our cars, its true that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder in this case and you truly see what a couple of knock outs for cars we got. Bless you for that! The Cameo Beige coach was driven this weekend first time in three years and it was very enjoyable, Drove the Sovereign this weekend also after two years, hard to get behind the wheel in that coach weighing 220 makes a difference I guess. The Royale is roomy on the other hand. How's it possible? Hope the coach's sell after you expressed the endorsement. To bad we don't live closer because I would be over to watch you work on cars out in the shop and bothering you. Have some fun for me today and kiss a buffalo.

These are some nice cars and I really truly hope you sell them. I wish I had the space and cash to buy one. Its mostly a space issue though for me.

The ruling,

Blake, trade up is what I suggest. Sell your coach and buy one of ours. And, Thanks for the compliment! I hope we sell them also, because I have no place to work on them anymore and the price to hire out restoration is expensive. The reality check for me is that I thought they were going to be an investment to cash out on when we got older. I am already upside down on money spent on the coach's considering the interest in hearses by car collectors just is not there to warrant spending anything more on them.

Michael, you really do have a couple of beauties there! Please consider the fact that in clubs, many members seem to resist buying from other members, for reasons that I don't understand. But, when I offered my 68 Superior-Pontiac hightop ambulance, I got a couple of people showing interest, but no serious interest. As soon as I posted it on craigslist, I got interest in it and a buyer for it and a new PCS member was born. I have bought a number of cars from club members, I don't think I ever sold a car to a club member.

Don't loose hope, those coaches look like bargains, in my opinion, but I am not buying anything, just rambling. Try another venue, maybe even Hemmings. Good luck!

Michael, you really do have a couple of beauties there! Please consider the fact that in clubs, many members seem to resist buying from other members, for reasons that I don't understand. But, when I offered my 68 Superior-Pontiac hightop ambulance, I got a couple of people showing interest, but no serious interest. As soon as I posted it on craigslist, I got interest in it and a buyer for it and a new PCS member was born. I have bought a number of cars from club members, I don't think I ever sold a car to a club member.

Don't loose hope, those coaches look like bargains, in my opinion, but I am not buying anything, just rambling. Try another venue, maybe even Hemmings. Good luck!

Bill,
Your audience is just too limited on this website. You need to get them to a larger audience. Also, it has nothing to do with "not wanting to buy a coach from a fellow PCS member". I am sure that you saw the '72 C-B Cotington that Steve Loftin recently purchased from another PCS member right after it was posted on this site. The seller had a number of people wanting to buy the coach and it sold very quickly.

Most of us, who are on this site on a regular basis, already have a barn-full of these cars and we rarely just happen to have a stall sitting empty. Most of us are also pretty speciffic as to our individual likes and dis-likes. While I love most all long wheel base Superiors, I am not a Consort fan and I would say that it is doubtful that I would ever buy a SWB Superior. That's just me. I feel the same way when it comes to C-B coaches. I Love the Cotingtons, but I don't need to own a Seville. Most of us are the same way when it comes to specific model years. While I wish that every coach that I might sell would go to a fellow PCS member, I would not limit my marketing efforts on any pro-car to just PCS members or this site.

Bill,
Your audience is just too limited on this website. You need to get them to a larger audience. Also, it has nothing to do with "not wanting to buy a coach from a fellow PCS member". I am sure that you saw the '72 C-B Cotington that Steve Loftin recently purchased from another PCS member right after it was posted on this site. The seller had a number of people wanting to buy the coach and it sold very quickly.

Most of us, who are on this site on a regular basis, already have a barn-full of these cars and we rarely just happen to have a stall sitting empty. Most of us are also pretty speciffic as to our individual likes and dis-likes. While I love most all long wheel base Superiors, I am not a Consort fan and I would say that it is doubtful that I would ever buy a SWB Superior. That's just me. I feel the same way when it comes to C-B coaches. I Love the Cotingtons, but I don't need to own a Seville. Most of us are the same way when it comes to specific model years. While I wish that every coach that I might sell would go to a fellow PCS member, I would not limit my marketing efforts on any pro-car to just PCS members or this site.

Kurt, this may surprise you, but I believe you make some good points. But, I do think, based on what I have seen in other clubs, that most members look for "new meat" and not the cars that other members know all about. I have often speculated as to the reasons why this happens. Rather obviously, it is easier to sell in a bigger audience, as opposed to a finite one, such as a club.

Bill,
There are dozens of cars that are currently owned by PCS members that I would LOVE to be able to purchase. You and I have both purchased cars that were previously owned by PCS members. It never entered into my purchasing decision when buying them. You purchased a '56 Meteor that I had owned back in the early '80s. Were the previous owners of that car a factor in your purchasing decision? With me, it's all about the car, its desireability(in my opinion), and whether it's worth the asking price, given its condition. I could care less about who owned it previously.

Bill,
There are dozens of cars that are currently owned by PCS members that I would LOVE to be able to purchase. You and I have both purchased cars that were previously owned by PCS members. It never entered into my purchasing decision when buying them. You purchased a '56 Meteor that I had owned back in the early '80s. Were the previous owners of that car a factor in your purchasing decision? With me, it's all about the car, its desireability(in my opinion), and whether it's worth the asking price, given its condition. I could care less about who owned it previously.

I am with you Brother, my thoughts exactly. But, I have known people that feel differently, that is all I am saying.

Be honest now the gold crown Mike has is as good as it gets bet it still has the chrome tailpipe clamp on it. A combo that needs nothing the last time i saw it with a lovely to me color combination. Now I know there are people out there with no or limited mechanical background. Why would you not want to pay 300 a month far a ready to go car rather then dump 300 a month in one just to keep one running in a questionable manner?
My guess is it's a old car and the natural fear is that it might look good now but it will brake down before i get it paid for. Then I'm stuck. I can remember nickel and dime spending just to have a car. But thats a story over coffee.

For the record

Ed, the Cameo beige Coach is described in the sales catalog as "1969 Superior Royale Limousine on Cadillac chassis" Not a Crown. The coach does still have the Chrome plated muffler clamp in the back of the turn down chrome tip. Although the tip was tack welded on, it still looked unfinished to me so the chrome plated clamp was one of the final touchs. I also epoxy painted the inside of the rear circumference of the rear muffler black around the pipe coming out to give it a finished look if you are viewing the back end of the coach. The third brake light I added back there above the license plate is mounted on a knife magnet that you mount on your wall in a kitchen to magnetically store your steel kitchen knifes above your prep counter. It has a quick connector to detach if needed so you can show the coach without loosing points, but who cares. I did it all because the stock tail lights are just not bold enough to back people off the rear end of the vehicle. The curtain rods are also chrome plated because looking through the limousine glass at the drab old factory rods just looked so weak like there was no thought about making them gleam for posterity. At least the coach's with swags covered the entire rods so you did not see them and as a matter of fact coach's equipped with drapes including swags had all the rods painted in a durable white gloss color.

Detailing

Found a picture of what I described. filename-1 (5).jpg

Very clean under there. This is the first time that I have ever seen a MM with a chrome gas door guard. Is that a factory accessory, or something that you found and it fit? Close up picture please. thanks

glad I'm not the only one who's memory is slipping. that is a superior accessory on a superior car. but the fact that mike put the resonator back on shows the level it is at.

I wouldn't have exhaust work done without putting a resonator back on. I always tell my exhaust shop that I want it to be as quiet as when it was sold new!

For interpretation sake

The gas door is painted Cameo beige as the rest of the coach but the glint of light off it at that angle makes it look chrome plated. It is a Superior. The reason the resonator is on their was due to the fact I was told they were no longer available but CarX muffler shop did a nation wide search and found two some how at the time I was working on the Royale. After I joined PCS it was impressed on me how important it was to keep everything as original as possible after some folks saw how I trimmed out the bottom of the rear loading door with a piece of stainless that I had chrome plated. I believe Paul said I should knock off the customizing of items that did not come factory that way. So respectfully I took it to heart and kept the suggestion in the back of my mind, so it happened I was able to return to stock the exhaust system by getting the original resonator back on. Then some one told me it is my car to do what I want with it so I finished it with the chrome tip, the clamp and the painted back end of the resonator. I thought it enhanced the business end of the coach in my personal opinion. Before, there was a cherry bomb muffler/resonator on the back that was really duffy looking.

Back