1965 Buick Wildcat Hearse - $5900

1965 Buick Wildcat Hearse/Ambulance combination coach. all original condition. 80k original miles. The coach was built on a Buick Wildcat chassis by National Coach in Knightstown, Indiana. Very few were ever made. It was sold new to a funeral home in Washington state then Idaho. It was retired in the early 90's and collector owned since. This is a barn find. not run in almost ten years and the engine needs work. It is a very solid restoration project because it has never been driven in the midwestern salt. Has a gumball beacon ray and under hood siren. Factory a/c front and back. Stored indoors the past ten years, all glass is perfect. asking $5900.00. interesting trades considered. call

for showing. ********PLEASE NOTE, THE PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM ARE MORE CURRENT PICTURES WHERE THE CAR IS DARK BLUE************** It was repainted before it was placed in storage, the other pictures show it with it's original paint. I included those because they are much more detailed. The car does not run so it is hard to get good pictures, if you would like more detailed current pictures I'll do my best to take them.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Attachments

• 00505_jxcoJW1yJEl_600x450.jpg
    00505_jxcoJW1yJEl_600x450.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 766
Sorry about forgetting the link. This is not my car. I was browsing craigslist during a brief moment of down-time today, and I noticed the add. I thought that there would be folks with an interest on this site, so I posted.

It is a very early 1965 National-Buick built using the tooling Flxible had prepared for their never-produced 1965 models. The last I knew , Tim Fantin owned this rare car. As far as I know, the pictures accompanying this ad were all taken by Tim.

Was my car at one time. I bought it from Bob Hedges shortly after the 1995 meet in Fort Wayne. It was from a firm in Idaho. I sold it to Larry Freels and he had it repainted a darker blue. Currently not owned by me but the owner has it stored under my carport. Good solid ultra rare combination coach for somebody. Hope it finds a good home. Has Flxible markings.

It sure is a nice looking combo, I like the color change too. The problem is that it sat so long, you could spend thousands just getting it up and running, unless you can do it yourself. But, as Tim said, I sure hope it finds a good home.

Was my car at one time. I bought it from Bob Hedges shortly after the 1995 meet in Fort Wayne. It was from a firm in Idaho. I sold it to Larry Freels and he had it repainted a darker blue. Currently not owned by me but the owner has it stored under my carport. Good solid ultra rare combination coach for somebody. Hope it finds a good home. Has Flxible markings.

Tim ,What Flxible markings does this have on it? Thanks

Tim ,What Flxible markings does this have on it? Thanks

The sill plates say Flxible as does the large plate at the edge of the rear floor. The other 65 National Buick Bob Hedges had did not have these markings. Does that mean this was one of the first ones National built using the Flxible parts? Maybe

The sill plates say Flxible as does the large plate at the edge of the rear floor. The other 65 National Buick Bob Hedges had did not have these markings. Does that mean this was one of the first ones National built using the Flxible parts? Maybe

Got it .Thanks I called and left a message but have not heard back anything yet.

Most likely, Tim. Flxible sold all of its professional car dies and tooling to National and that, as far is we know, also included any components for these vehicles that had already been produced for these cars. This may well have been one of the very first Nationals built using existing Flxible tooling and components - all assembled in Knightstown.

Resurfaced on Craig’s List

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/d/1965-buick-wildcat-hearse/6327957599.html

“For Sale: 1965 Buick Hearse/Ambulance combination coach, all original, 80,000 actual miles, this is a barn find car, not running being sold as-is. Very rare car with only a handful being built. Was purchased new by a funeral home in Pasco, Washington then went to a funeral home in Idaho. It was retired from funeral service in 1994. Has been in collector hands since and never driven on salted winter roads. The car was repainted a darker blue about 15 years ago. The last two pictures are current. It's not running and difficult to get current pictures. It has factory A/C. It still has the gumball beacon light and under hood siren. price $5900.00. Call 219-954-0333 for more information. If no answer please keep trying.”

Attachments

• 6DBBF11F-8224-4AD5-9D9C-B233C0586795.jpg
    6DBBF11F-8224-4AD5-9D9C-B233C0586795.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 1D038CB2-59CC-45F9-A388-F13682E1704B.jpg
    1D038CB2-59CC-45F9-A388-F13682E1704B.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 248
2 cents

I have to say, in the non pro collector car world, given it's rarity and (under that dust) presumed quality, this is a terrific buy. Actually no, an unbelievable buy.

Back