McKesson Respirator

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I need to clear some space and I am willing to sell this McKesson Respirator. This unit was stored in very poor conditions and the case is in pretty tough condition. All there and the rubber components are in very good condition. Parts or restore. I could get it to Lebanon in July. Will consider a trade.

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 198
It's unfortunate Kurt. That's an uncommon model of resuscitator, but indeed it took quite a beating! Sadly, there's really few folks who do serious trunk/etc. restorations and even fewer who'd do this right, probably even fewer that wouldn't need you to sell a kidney off to pay their fee for it.

Would just like to see it put to some use. Parts or restore. Would be willing to trade for ambulance related "stuff" of similar value.

It's unfortunate Kurt. That's an uncommon model of resuscitator, but indeed it took quite a beating! Sadly, there's really few folks who do serious trunk/etc. restorations and even fewer who'd do this right, probably even fewer that wouldn't need you to sell a kidney off to pay their fee for it.

If the wood isn't rotted, recovering is fairly simple. I watched thousands of such cases made by Fitzsimmons Manufacturing in Rochester in the 1960s. Pretty much a matter of gluing wallpaper onto a wood & cardboard box with hot hide glue. Much of the strength in such boxes comes from the covering.

The rust will walk away from the stamped steel of the unit using electroplating often misreferenced as "electrolytic rust removal". That same process will remove corrosion from brass and aluminum too, but it's hell on loose plating.

Back