1970 Cadillac Ambulance wheels/rims

Tires are not a problem shipping, because there are no sharp edges that someone can get hurt on. Wheels on the other hand, must be boxed securely. You can't just toss them into a box and have them rattling around inside the box. Both UPS and FedEx are now using dimensional weight. If the box is large, then they charge based on size, and if the box is small and heavy, then it goes by weight.

I just want to know where and what rims to get so it can drive. Evidently the car has front and rear DRUM brakes and the rims currently on it scrape.

Wheels

I just want to know where and what rims to get so it can drive. Evidently the car has front and rear DRUM brakes and the rims currently on it scrape.

70 is disc on the front and drum on the rear. Sounds like you have drum wheels on the front, they would hit the calipers and drag. Do you just want to move the car or get the correct wheels? If just looking for wheels to move it you have a few choices.

Have you taken a front wheel off, to make sure that the front brakes are actually drum brakes? The 1970 Cadillac commercial chassis came with disk brakes as standard equipment, and if it truly has drum brakes, then you will need a lot more parts and labor to put it back to the way that it was originally delivered. Finding the correct commercial wheels isn't going to be that difficult, but they will be expensive to purchase and to ship, since they are extremely heavy. In all probability, once they arrive, they will need to be sandblasted, and painted before being put into service.

Drum brakes are smaller the disk brakes. A standard 15 in caddy wheel with the flat Canter's will! Fit and can be used. The correct wheels 1969 threw 1976 commerical chassis

You are correct Ed. Just checked my Hollander. Obviously something different about the '77-'84 C.C. wheels.

Back