Bodies found in defunct funeral home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy.

Authorities say remains have been there for years GARY, Ind. (WJRT) -- (05/27/09) -- Church leaders who bought a defunct Indiana funeral home in a tax sale have stumbled upon four bodies that had been left behind in the vacant building.
Lake County Coroner David J. Pastrick calls the situation in the former Serenity Gardens Funeral Home in Gary "unbelievable."
Leaders of the Northlake Church of Christ called authorities after finding a body bag on a table Sunday.
Pastrick and his staff found one body in the bag, then another in a burial box and finally two more in caskets. None has been identified.
Story continues belowAdvertisement
Pastrick says the bodies may have been there since 2006, when the funeral home's business license was revoked after several people filed complaints.
Gary police and state agencies are investigating.

funeral home issue

This story sounds vaguely like that of Henry H Harden and the Sherrill Harden Funeral Home of Toledo OH. From about 3-4 years ago-same sorry story and similar characters......I'll let you folks read between the lines and decide...

This story sounds vaguely like that of Henry H Harden and the Sherrill Harden Funeral Home of Toledo OH. From about 3-4 years ago-same sorry story and similar characters......I'll let you folks read between the lines and decide...

Similar story with a funeral home in Flint, MI. Private owner sells to SCI. SCI does what they do best then sells to a black operator. Black operator attempts to keep it going finally just walking away except he failed to do final disposition of about 12 cremated remains.

You wouldn't know this is the same chapel.

July12th006.jpg

c1d18cf6.jpg

d81fdbea.jpg

Wouldnt know the home

Similar story with a funeral home in Flint, MI. Private owner sells to SCI. SCI does what they do best then sells to a black operator. Black operator attempts to keep it going finally just walking away except he failed to do final disposition of about 12 cremated remains.

You wouldn't know this is the same chapel.

July12th006.jpg

c1d18cf6.jpg

d81fdbea.jpg

Richard I drive past there all the time. Never been inside the place

Russ

Very interesting inside and when I'm in Flint, usually stroll through if there is a door opened. I'll do the same come August too.

richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back