Another Criterion found

Bill Leverett

PCS Member/Super Site Supporter/Paramedic Supervis
Welll, not really found as much as re-located. It's a sad story and the pics show it all. Short story...ambulance in service with Revelstoke Fire Department, BC in 1974...noes out of service and is sold to May Logging in Hope, BC as an industrial ambulance...May Logging later sells it to an RCMP officer who is going to restore it...he takes the ambulance apart completely, except for the doors...stores all of the parts in his garage...ambulance goes to the bodyshop for a complete rust repair (floor, rockers, roof, etc) and some mechanical...wife and husband have a messy separation...wife throws out all of the parts in the family garage...RCMP officer walks away from vehicle...later, body shop offers vehicle to Fraser Field...Fraser stores vehicle for a while then gives vehicle to paramedic in Abottsford, BC (now 2002)...vehicle sits outside, uncovered and deteriorates to the point you see it now...future of vehicle uncertain at this point. If the vehicle is to go to the crusher I have dibs on salvaging what I can (doors/a few interior parts/engine/trans/roof box). I've emailed Tony the data plate information to add to the Criterion list. I'll try and get some in-service photos.

Attachments

• P1080561.jpg
    P1080561.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 307
  • P1080564.jpg
    P1080564.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 310
  • P1080567.jpg
    P1080567.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 297
  • P1080572.jpg
    P1080572.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 296
  • P1080575.JPG
    P1080575.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 299
  • P1080565.jpg
    P1080565.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 294
The owner is checking with the Revelstoke Fire Department to see if they want it back to restore. If they don't want it, I'll see if the owner will let it go to a good home for good use. The vehcile doesn't run but should roll and would have to be winched onto a trailer.

parts

It looks like (some other) Criterion Owner has yielded some crucial parts off it already! It looks like more of a "parts car" to me at this point in it's life than saveable for the road. MM

Parts went to the landfill

Mike...all of the parts that were removed from this vehicle went to the land fill during a marriage separation. Moral of the story...don't leave home without your pro-car stuff if you are separating!

From the pictures I saw of the restoration, the work done onthe car was extensive and done well. It's a shame that all of that work has now been nullified by the elements...again.

This body is a perfect "rear clip" to fix a Criterion if someone has the vision of saving a very rusty car. Cut it across the floor at the drivers seat, and cut the windshield pillars and marry it up to your cowl / dash, front clip and chassis, just like the factory did when it was new. I know that Ed would know how to do this to save one that is so rusty that it is going to take thousands of dollars to fix the rust.. (hint).. :clubem:

I know that Ed would know how to do this to save one that is so rusty that it is going to take thousands of dollars to fix the rust.. (hint).. :clubem:

What you talking about Steinberg!!!!!

I don't see any rust on this beauty....:angel:

Attachments

• 74MMCadCrierionVyse5.jpg
    74MMCadCrierionVyse5.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 149
the big if would be how much damage has reversed it's repair sitting out side exposed. one would have to look it over good before dragging it home. but to be honest with you. if the doors are there!! making a stab at putting it back might not be all that bad. look at all the ones shown up in junk yard we have posted pictures of that could cough up the necessary interior pieces. the caddy stuff is still around. as for not running it most likely ran when parked. so if things are not frozen bringing it back to life is one of those if things you never know about till you try. as it's one more 74 up north I would guess they only bought the one set of 74s and went to something else.

What you talking about Steinberg!!!!!

I don't see any rust on this beauty....:angel:

You speak like a man with a guilty conscience. I didn't mention any one persons Criterion. Do you think that you are the only person that has a rusted Criterion? I don't think that you are alone in that club, and that there are a lot of others in the same or similar condition. For all you know, I might have been thinking of the one that Danny bought in Texas and sold to someone in New Jersey. Criterion's are all alike. They rust as much in Texas as they do in New Jersey. New Jersey rusted Criterion's go to Florida, and Texas rusted Criterion's go to New Jersey. Really badly rusted Criterion's go to the scrap yard... I hear that rusty iron is bringing $160 a ton.... :657:

You speak like a man with a guilty

No guilt here my friend after all, I own an "Award Winning Criterion". :4_11_9:

Look at my baby sitting in the background. You must look upon them as you do your wife. As it (she) gets older you learn to love what you have and not force them to change just to satisfy your ego. Love what you have!!!!:hide:

Attachments

• Turkey Run Car Show 042.jpg
    Turkey Run Car Show 042.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 129
Look at my baby sitting in the background. You must look upon them as you do your wife. As it (she) gets older you learn to love what you have and not force them to change just to satisfy your ego. Love what you have!!!!:hide:

says the man who's cars have been under the knife more then a Hollywood star:stars:

You speak like a man with a guilty conscience. I didn't mention any one persons Criterion. Do you think that you are the only person that has a rusted Criterion? I don't think that you are alone in that club, and that there are a lot of others in the same or similar condition. For all you know, I might have been thinking of the one that Danny bought in Texas and sold to someone in New Jersey. Criterion's are all alike. They rust as much in Texas as they do in New Jersey. New Jersey rusted Criterion's go to Florida, and Texas rusted Criterion's go to New Jersey. Really badly rusted Criterion's go to the scrap yard... I hear that rusty iron is bringing $160 a ton.... :657:

And Philadelphia's rusted Criterion goes to Vancouver. I should know. I own it!

Back