Tracking down lights that don't work

I cannot get the rear compartment lights to work on my Criterion and looking for some advice. I talked with Leo and he says they worked for him. I also talked with Robert Shepard but we did not get far other than trying a few things. I have power to the switches in the rear but no lights.
Help?

start by checking the bulbs themselves. Burned out bulbs many times are the culprit. Once you have the bulbs out, it is easy to check to see if there is power to the socket. If there is power to the socket, then it is a bad ground. No power, and it can be a blown fuse. One thing to be careful about is that some dome lights work by the door switches that provide a ground path to the light fixture. Usually these have bulbs with a double contact in them, but not always. Finding power at a switch doesn't always help you, since you don't know for certain exactly what that switch controls.

power to the switchs but which switch? if I remember right there are three sets on the rear door. dome, backup and load lights. on set on the side door. like Paul said check to see that the bulb is good and you have power to the light. if the switch is grouding then with a good bulb in you will have power to both contacts with the bulb in. If I remember right they are the tube type bulbs. the side door runs the attendees overhead and the rear runs the compartment over head. the front doors run the cab.

I think it is related to the exhaust you ripped out loading it!

Not a bad thought Danny and will take a peek under the car. I have power to the switches on the panel in back but no lights will come on. I do have back-up lights though. I'll check this later this week for it is still TOO HOT to do anything right now!

We have power. I took all the switches out today. They are corroded quite a bit and after slipping them on and off the prongs, I did get most lights to work again. So When it cools off I will take them all apart for a through cleaning.

wd-40 and work them good. wire brush for the door ones then grease them up. the back rockers are a different thing all together. but if you spray the wd-40 in around the rocker and the prongs. then and work them by hand a few times it will clean them up enough to make contact.

I need to locate those special light bulbs that go in the four spots in the patient compartment. Robert explained the thought behind this design so I'm sure they are not replaceable.

Back