Recommended Shop Manual?

Jon VanDermark

PCS Member
I've been wading through the plethora of shop manuals on the internet lookling for one for My '67 S&S. Does anyone have any recommendations? Was there a specific one for the Series 75 limo/CC?

Thanks.

My factory (Cadillac) shop manual has sections for the Fleetwood 75, but I am sure that there is no CC in the regular manual, as all the coach manufacturers made things differently so it would be impossible to know/include that info in the GM manual. Maybe coach companies had a manual to supplement the factory one?

manuals

The only coach builder manuals I see are Superiors. I just use the standard Cadillac shop manual for most of the stuff on my 61 M-M. So far I have not had a problem doing this. Most of the M-M stuff does what it was built to do in 61. The Cadillac parts that have needed changed or serviced were right there in the manual. The manual makes note that the series 75 and CC models may be different and tells you to look at a separate note in the book.
Mike

Thanks guys. Where is the best place to get a factory shop manual? I bought one of e-bay once that was a poorly xeroxed copy.

I've been wading through the plethora of shop manuals on the internet lookling for one for My '67 S&S. Does anyone have any recommendations? Was there a specific one for the Series 75 limo/CC?

Thanks.

A shop manual will do you no good on that combo. That's a Danny Ryder car so even though it may appear to be a Caddy, there is no telling what you really have there.

Danny's true pride & joy song. :yankchain:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM[/ame]

look for the book on e-bay is the best. don't buy a reproduction or the cd. they will show up if you keep checking. the only other way is be there at the swap meet when someone has one.

manuals

Jon,
You can also look in Hemmings Motor News for literature dealers. Some of them also have online stores. Amazon is another place to look. The Amazon listings will tell the condition and price. No auction just buy it and watch the mail. Swap meets are also a good place to look. You can have a hands on look at the book. Then you can either pay the price or haggle with the seller.
I will be going to a large car show swap meet over the Memorial Day weekend. I will check for a 67 Cadillac manual there. Let us know if you find something before then.
If dealing with mail or online items always ask a seller if his item is an original or a copy. Do you want a pristine book or one that you are going to use in the garage?
Mike

Back