folding stretcher

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
as long as I have this thing out I have taken a few pictures of it. it's a first gen Ferno - Washingtom folding stretcher. some times called a road flat hangings stretcher and a number of other terms if you had to be the one to get it out of the storage box. I have been informed that the black usually means military surplus as they used the dark color on all there stuff. but I have seen some in the blue gray to come from there. this one has the spring loaded locks on the hoops that form the leg hand holds. i have been told by more then one person that they would pop out if you got it into a bind and the leg would then swing around dropping the pt 6 inches really fast. should be correct for 55 -mid 60s. but is period correct for any up to today this kind of stuff never gets thrown out. here is the group shots
http://www.dropshots.com/jer57747#date/2009-04-14/09:51:50

Attachments

• folding stretcher 6.jpg
    folding stretcher 6.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 37
John,

If you could post the serial number of the cot, I could tel you the date when it was produced (give or take a few months).

Ed - I believe that is the original stock color Ferno came out with/ we called them slimlines-Kevin

thanks Kevin now I have something to give back to them that think they know. I'll I have seen a few of there stuff in the black and when I asked I got told by people I knew did not really know what they were talking about it was military surplus. but then it may have been and I had that color locked in my brain
here is the number off of it and look up a gurney for me a J-67231

Attachments

• IMG_5063 folding streatcher.JPG
    IMG_5063 folding streatcher.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 35
how about the j 67231 number. thats off a #30 I have. if the folding cot was build in late 69 then it's a good match for the 72-73 cars I have it in.

The previous date I gave you was based on the serial number that in in the picture (B 13631)

Cot j 67231 - First quarter of '86

thanks on that one to. I got a number of them all new and numbered close. looked to me like they came out of a industrial setting as the man had a 10 of them. woundered when they were made. now I know.

Back